• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:45:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bike Mod - Discontinued

Started by JamoZ, February 03, 2014, 06:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

There's no perfect way, it's always gonna be a bit of a mess.

Discussing with the frenchies that are preparing the endurance bikes, one thing that may make sense is:

• Group the mod bikes by category, like MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3/GP500/SBK/Endurance/Street and have one person in charge of each bikeset.
  • Within a bikeset, bikes can come from different modders, but the category responsible will have to maintain a post here on this forum to provide a link like your Mega one, allowing to download the bikes in the category.
  • It would be good if each bike had a version number in its name (e.g. "GP12 - v1.0"), so that it is very explicit which bike version you''re on.
  • It would also be good if each "bikeset" had a global version number (e.g. "SBK v1.5"), so that server admins could use this in naming their servers (same as your current mod).
  • That aside, each bike modder should maintain a thread for his bike here and, of course, should inform the bikeset responsible of any new version.

MaX.

Gzehoo

I see that some (not all) bikes have wrong name (e.g. RCV213 instead of RC213V).

Here is my proposition for correct bike names. It's not that I want you to change the names now in Bike Mod v1.5, it's only my proposition.

Full name (short name)

Yamaha YZR-M1 (YZR-M1)
Honda RC213V (RC213V)
Suzuki GSV-R (GSV-R)
Ducati Desmosedici GP8 (GP8)
Ducati Desmosedici GP12 (GP12)
Honda CBR 1000RR (CBR 1000RR)
Aprilia RSV4 (RSV4)
Ducati 996 R (996 R)
Suzuki RGV500 (RGV500)
Triumph Daytona 675 (Daytona 675)
Yamaha YZF-R6 (YZF-R6)

JamoZ

Warlock

It's a shame, but you know people.......  :-X
Imo you have done a nice job, at any time if a had a connecting problem just checked this post and i'm done, ready to run.
Thank you for that  :)

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

d0mm3y

Very bad news  :( but its your decision ans we have to respect it. Will you inform us about updates of the bikes? Or won't there be any?

Arvoss

The bike database was nice and useful but the way the mod pack is used online is not. My mods where always up to date but I can imagine that not everyone wants to update their mod pack to join a lobby where only 2 bikes are used. We were getting to many wip bikes that are updated every week. A lot of datamismatches. This is not JamoZ his fault, it's the way it's used in GP Bikes. For example: Why do I need a scooter and a 675 to join a lobby where we're riding 1000cc bikes?

Solution:
Instead of choosing the bike class of the lobby we should be able to choose the bikes. Before joining the lobby we can clearly see which bikes we will need.

A mod base like that will be impossible to update in a couple of weeks/months.

JamoZ, thank you for the work! :D Now we will wait until we have something like rfactor central ;)

Abigor

It's really a shame.... i think you did a great job man.

Alone

Thanks JamoZ, you did a great work. Understandable decision. A pity for the "community".

HornetMaX

I quote essentially everything Arvoss has written above: people doing a 500cc old school race having to have the entire mod to join is not really they way to go.

By the way, if the server only allows for a certain bike category (e.g. GP500), then it should check that the players connecting do have installed only the bikes of that category: what's the point of obliging to have the other bikes ? That's something Piboso may want to change, even if it won't solve the whole problem.

Of course all this is not your fault Jamoz: if something, we should thank you for dedicating your time to helping us all. It has been useful for a while and has permitted to start reasoning about how we may want to organise all this mess.

In the medium/long term, managing all this would have been a nightmare for you anyway.

MaX.

SwarleyRuiz

Thanks JamoZ for this wonderful work you've done. I understand your decision.
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

lluisete

February 25, 2014, 12:27:29 PM #56 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:33:25 PM by lluisete
If any user want open a new MEGA and put all bikes and update it frequently I will be glad to share it via Twitter. But I think we should use a web like http://www.racingsimulationgames.com/ to upload all content and organice it, or maybe do any similar http://www.rfactorcentral.com/
Champion of Summer Cup 2012 and SRC125cc.<br />Subchampion of SRC500cc.<br />Admin of @gpbikes_fans<br />Personal instagram @lluiscabedo

SwarleyRuiz

February 25, 2014, 02:17:17 PM #57 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:20:14 PM by BRM
Lluisete Sorry, but I want to close my web. A week ago I received an e-mail provider's website, that I have to confirm my personal details and make them public by a law ...

I upload a download to my  website of a motorcycle copy of: Mileston , capcom or any other brand and they can denounce me for copy their work. And they have my personal information, which facilitates my provider's website.

NOT want to pay a fine of thousands or millions of euros that I have no I'll have.

I have plans to continue only with the youtube channel

The only solution. Is to create jobs from 0, 100% created from 0. Better or worse than Mileston, Capcom or any other brand, but from 0. For GP500 created without copying from other games with copyright, 100% created from 0 and there are no issues of law or copyright.
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

lluisete

February 25, 2014, 02:33:50 PM #58 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:37:57 PM by lluisete
In reality is not possible that capcom or milestone denumces you. You are just sharing the work of modders without any economical beneficit. Nowadays exist tons of webpages that share films, videogames and a lot of stuff and the admins gains a lot of money and cinematic companyes candt do nothing. Internet is freedom. But I undestand your point of view.

If you want you can host a new webpage in Russia and you will be totally inmune.
Champion of Summer Cup 2012 and SRC125cc.<br />Subchampion of SRC500cc.<br />Admin of @gpbikes_fans<br />Personal instagram @lluiscabedo

Alby46

a gp bikes central would be fantastic
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)