• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:05:45 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bike MOD revived.

Started by Klax75, February 28, 2014, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

I'm also for separating bikes and paints to keep the mod smaller. (At the servers I don't need them anyway).

What I can do is to stop running open MOD servers and run the servers with special categories (e.g. GP1000, GP500, SSP, scooter ...). Then people only need to install the bikes of the category which they want to use.
For the server admin this means to install the complete mod. Klax's 'Bike MODs No Paints' MEGA folder is ideal for this.

What I can't do is running servers for bike classes (e.g. GP, WSBK, Endurance ...). It will be simply too much work - see technical details.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 03, 2014, 11:20:54 AM
If dibu could indicate whether he would prefer to have others host a share of separate bike mod classes(If it's decided to go down that route) or whether there would be complications by doing that as far as co-ordination and avoiding data mismatches, etc, etc? Maybe it's better to keep the hosting to one person to help keep the hosting 100% reliable and well organised, namely dibu.  :)
I've no problem at all if other people start to host permanent servers. I started running the servers because I wanted to help PiBoSo and his sims, give a little bit back to a really nice community and because the network things aren't a problem for me (part of my daily business IRL).

Technical details

Situation 1 - we have only one (big) MOD:
-Server
Let's say I want to run dedicated servers for the default bikes and the MOD bikes at one real server. Then I need two GPB installations with tracks, dedicated.ini's and some more stuff at this server. One installation with the bikes folder and one without.
(Already enough work to keep everything updated with 5 physical/virtual servers running but still ok for me.)

-Client
Open category: To connect you need all bikes (complete MOD) which I have installed at the server.
GP1000 category: To connect you only need all GP1000 bikes which I have installed at the server.
GP500 category: To connect you only need all GP500 bikes which I have installed at the server. (ATM only suzuki rgv500)

Situation 2 - we have multiple small MODs:
-Server
If I want to run dedicated servers for default bikes and multiple class MODs (N) then I need N+1 GPB installations at the server. That's simply too much work to keep each installation updated.

PeterV

Quote from: dibu on March 03, 2014, 05:19:13 PM
I'm also for separating bikes and paints to keep the mod smaller. (At the servers I don't need them anyway).

Im also for splitting the bikes and paints up.
I would prefer every bike in his own "locked/pinned" topic, that way it stays clean from any unnecessary comments. Only to be altered or updated by Author or forum admin about new version releases.

Example:
[Ducati GP12]
[Suzuki GSVR]
etc.
etc.

* this example can also be transferred to the paints section and physics section.

Quote from: dibu on March 03, 2014, 05:19:13 PM
What I can do is to stop running open MOD servers and run the servers with special categories (e.g. GP1000, GP500, SSP, scooter ...). Then people only need to install the bikes of the category which they want to use.
For the server admin this means to install the complete mod. Klax's 'Bike MODs No Paints' MEGA folder is ideal for this.

What I can't do is running servers for bike classes (e.g. GP, WSBK, Endurance ...). It will be simply too much work - see technical details.

I think its me reading it wrong but.... special categories Gp1000, GP500,SSP,scooter, is that not the same as GP, WSBK, Endurance ?
They are both times categories, so for my dumb brain it seems like the same amount of work? please enlighten me Dibu.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on March 03, 2014, 06:51:36 PM
I would prefer every bike in his own "locked/pinned" topic, that way it stays clean from any unnecessary comments. Only to be altered or updated by Author or forum admin about new version releases.
Pinning does not make sense once you have too many pinned topics.
Locking also is problematic, as once locked only an admin will be able to edit/reply (e.g. right now I cannot edit the "GPB unofficial guide", even if I wrote it, as I locked it at the time and I no longer have admin rights). Having only the admins to change the posts may be a bit of a burden (for them and for the authours).

Ony thing I can think is:

• Each author has one topic per bike (not locked, not pinned).
  • An admin could create a locked and pinned topic that  references all the bikes (more or less as the WIP topic).

MaX.

PeterV

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 03, 2014, 07:23:13 PM
Pinning does not make sense once you have too many pinned topics.
Locking also is problematic, as once locked only an admin will be able to edit/reply (e.g. right now I cannot edit the "GPB unofficial guide", even if I wrote it, as I locked it at the time and I no longer have admin rights). Having only the admins to change the posts may be a bit of a burden (for them and for the authours).

Ony thing I can think is:

• Each author has one topic per bike (not locked, not pinned).
  • An admin could create a locked and pinned topic that  references all the bikes (more or less as the WIP topic).

MaX.

Agree Max, you can explain it better then me. ;)
Does not have to be locked or pinned, reference too all bikes is a smashing idea.

dibu

I think its me reading it wrong but.... special categories Gp1000, GP500,SSP,scooter, is that not the same as GP, WSBK, Endurance ?
They are both times categories, so for my dumb brain it seems like the same amount of work? please enlighten me Dibu.
Category means e.g GP500 - Varese V594 and Suzuki RGV500
Class means e.g. GP MOD - all GP bikes and their MODs (GP1000, GP500, GP125)

Klax75

March 07, 2014, 10:59:13 AM #20 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:48:00 PM by Klax75
Bike updates will be in RED on the 1st and 14th of the month, new Paint Updates will be in BLUE and will be updated more often.

March 7st 2014, Paints:: Chispi: Husqvarna moto3 2014UPDATE-v.1.0 released

Klax75

March 08, 2014, 04:27:32 AM #21 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:48:09 PM by Klax75
Bike updates will be in RED on the 1st and 14th of the month, new Paint Updates will be in BLUE and will be updated more often.

March 8th 2014, Paints:: Klax75: HGP Hawk_UK_BS_R6, HGP Klax75 R6, HGP 990 Hawk_UK_BS, HGP 990 Hawk_UK_BS, HGP Hawk_UK_BS V594, HGP Klax75 V594

Klax75

March 08, 2014, 12:35:48 PM #22 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:48:18 PM by Klax75

March 8th 2014, Paints:: Juju: Honda CBR O.LAMY

Klax75

March 12, 2014, 08:28:18 PM #23 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:48:33 PM by Klax75

March 12th 2014, Paints:: Davide74: Shell Advance Cagiva

fabio93bg

hi guys, I downloaded all bikes and put them in bikes folder. but online i have data mismatch :( what can i do? how have i to install the Bike Mod (i don' t want all liveries)?

Hawk

Quote from: fabio93bg on March 13, 2014, 04:01:04 PM
hi guys, I downloaded all bikes and put them in bikes folder. but online i have data mismatch :( what can i do? how have i to install the Bike Mod (i don' t want all liveries)?

Did you download each bike separately? Or did you download the file: "Bike MOD 1.50.zip"?

Also when you unzip a zip archive, make sure that the archive hasn't created a folder within a folder which winzip often does if you right click on a zip file and select "Extract to...." , you should always select "Extract here" from the right click sub menue. So just check that each bike has not been extracted within it's own folder. ie: Gpbikes/Bikes/Yamaha M1/Yamaha M1, etc, etc.

Let us know if this solved the problem. Thanks fabio93bg.  ;)

fabio93bg

i installed bikes separately, they are installed correctly and for examle in free practice i' m able to use them

Hawk

Quote from: fabio93bg on March 13, 2014, 05:07:31 PM
i installed bikes separately, they are installed correctly and for examle in free practice i' m able to use them

To get a "Data Mismatch", then there must be a difference in the files you have on your system compared to the files on the online servers. Are you sure your not trying to connect to private hosted servers who may have different file set-up than Dibu's main online servers? Also are you sure it's the Bike MOD files at fault and not an updated track on the server that you may not have updated on your system as there have also been a lot of track updates recently?
An interesting test would be to try and see which servers you can or cannot connect to, it could help narrow down the problem.

Just to assure you about paints/skins: You don't need all paints/skins to connect to online servers, just the ones you decide you want to have for each bike, but be aware that if you don't download and install all paints/skins then you won't see all other riders in all their colourful glory while online, you will only see other riders in the plain boring default skins.  :)

Hawk

Quote from: fabio93bg on March 13, 2014, 05:07:31 PM

Have you downloaded the latest "Misano GP Direction" track and renamed the extracted folder? That will cause a "Data Mismatch"; you should keep the extracted folder name as it is(Misano 01) and just place that folder into your tracks folder.

Continue to let us know how your doing with this problem.  We'll help all we can. ;)

fabio93bg

no i have no installed misano :( i try reinstalling bikes  now