• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:48:14 PM

Indianapolis WIP

Started by Arvoss, March 18, 2014, 08:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 22, 2014, 10:21:48 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on March 21, 2014, 02:54:15 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 19, 2014, 05:39:14 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on March 18, 2014, 08:20:36 PM
Quote from: Alby46 on March 18, 2014, 08:11:14 PM
is blender working good? it is also available on linux so maybe i will do some models :)

We learn blender at school and I like it :D I just don't know if exporting a .blend file to a 3DS max file is possible/easy...

It should be possible to export to FBX format and then use the FBX2EDF converter.
Please report if it works.

I saved as .FBX and tried to export it as a collision but the program always crashes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Could you please upload the FBX file for debugging?

I put 2 files in it: the track file and a simple plane with a TRKASPH material.
http://we.tl/SxKl0xG7CC

Obelix90

Arvoss

Quote from: Obelix90 on April 08, 2014, 01:11:47 PM
Hi, any news here?

Wating for the new version of the FBX converter :/ But don't expect a release soon :P I hope to release something before the real race, somewhere in August.

Obelix90

Ah ok. I'm also waiting for the new version of the converter.

Hawk

I thought the fbx converter was just more for ease and convienience? I didn't think the fbx converter was essential to implement a track for GP Bikes, as this was possible before the fbx converter was released if you use 3ds Max and the edf exporter max plugin for the file export? Or have things been changed that much?

Arvoss

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 08, 2014, 02:36:10 PM
I thought the fbx converter was just more for ease and convienience? I didn't think the fbx converter was essential to implement a track for GP Bikes, as this was possible before the fbx converter was released if you use 3ds Max and the edf exporter max plugin for the file export? Or have things been changed that much?

I have 3DS max 2014 so the plugin doesn't work. PiBoSo said I could export my track (in Blender) to  a .fbx format and convert it with the FBX2EDF tool. But the application crashes when I try to export the track...

Hawk

April 08, 2014, 02:54:03 PM #51 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:55:14 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Arvoss on April 08, 2014, 02:38:23 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 08, 2014, 02:36:10 PM

I have 3DS max 2014 so the plugin doesn't work. PiBoSo said I could export my track (in Blender) to  a .fbx format and convert it with the FBX2EDF tool. But the application crashes when I try to export the track...

Aaahh... I understand.... It's such a BIG pain in the butt when work has to stop because of exporter plugin problems.... especially when nothing seems forthcoming to solve the issue very quickly....VERY frustrating indeed! ::) :( :(

LauZzZn

If you need the 3DS max installer, i uploaded mine. Just pm me,and i send it to you

BeukeR

Anyone doing some new tracks lately?

We still haven't got Jerez, which is in my opinion one of the most enjoyable tracks out there, and i'm sure i speak for many others.
can we pls have this as the next track in GP bikes, I know it takes lots of time to create one.
but pls consider making Jerez, and save ur time with tracks like portimao which is a good track, but its almost unrideable due to the physics of the bikes in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAaNwrsxNqg

do i have to say more? :}

Arvoss

Quote from: BeukeR on April 17, 2014, 04:39:05 PM
Anyone doing some new tracks lately?

We still haven't got Jerez, which is in my opinion one of the most enjoyable tracks out there, and i'm sure i speak for many others.
can we pls have this as the next track in GP bikes, I know it takes lots of time to create one.
but pls consider making Jerez, and save ur time with tracks like portimao which is a good track, but its almost unrideable due to the physics of the bikes in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAaNwrsxNqg

do i have to say more? :}

Someone is working on Jerez, I don't know who but I'm sure I saw this on the forum somewhere ;)

RiccoChicco

It's Alex_Logan_3D, the creator of the Panigale 3D model  ;)

LauZzZn