• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:10:22 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

(WIP)Mallory Park Track Surface Rebuild TEST...

Started by Hawk, April 13, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBp

Increasing the polys wont all ways make a track playable, In fact it can cause more problems as there a lot more hight difference in the verts over the same area

Hawk

Hi Guys..... I need some help getting this into GP Bikes:

I've finished modelling the track surface and exported the Mallory Park.map/.trp files from 3ds Max.

I copied the Original "Mallory Park" track folder and deleted the original .map and .trp files and replaced them with my exported ones.

I've loaded the Mallory Park.trp file into track editor and created/merged the track surface centreline and again saved the Mallory Park.trp file.

I then ran GP Bikes and tried to load the track, but GP Bikes keeps crashing and won't load it??? Any ideas guys???

I haven't generated a bestline(Didn't think it was mandatory to do so), and I haven't generated the "race data"(start line/grid or pit exit/entrance, simply because I haven't got a clue of the procedure to know how to place them(Again I didn't think it was a requirement just to test the track out); again I need some advice(How to's) here please guys.

If there is anything else I need to know before trying test the track in GP Bikes, I would be very grateful if someone would let me know. Either PM me or post here... Thanks guys.  ;) ;D

SA_22

make sure the ends of the center line are definitely connected

after you create the center line click i think its merge in the drop down for it.. makes it match the height of the track

then you need to create the race data... all of it i think

that should be it?

Hawk

Quote from: SA_22 on April 17, 2014, 02:08:25 PM
make sure the ends of the center line are definitely connected

after you create the center line click i think its merge in the drop down for it.. makes it match the height of the track

then you need to create the race data... all of it i think

that should be it?
Hi SA. Thanks for the quick reply mate.  ;D
How do you create the race data and position it? Sorry, I'm a total Noob when it comes to track model integration. Tried following Piboso's thread about the track editor but it's very vague for someone who knows absolutely nothing about it.

SA_22

yeah know the feeling!..

if you hit absolute on the top right you should be able to position the things manually

then its just playing with numbers to get it in the right spot,

just use the icons, markers etc that show up for each part to help with that.

if you get something right like the start line, save it before you move on to the next.... found the race data windows loved to freeze up on me alot!

Hawk

Quote from: SA_22 on April 17, 2014, 02:18:37 PM
yeah know the feeling!..

if you hit absolute on the top right you should be able to position the things manually

then its just playing with numbers to get it in the right spot,

just use the icons, markers etc that show up for each part to help with that.

if you get something right like the start line, save it before you move on to the next.... found the race data windows loved to freeze up on me alot!

Thanks SA... Appreciate your help with this.  I'll let you know how I get on. ;)

Hawk

@Ricco:
Sorry I've not replied to your post yet, I will reply to you Ricco, I just want to reply in detail to your post and I'm just a little rushed off my feet at the min.  ::) :)

Hawk

April 17, 2014, 09:41:58 PM #22 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:47:03 PM by Hawk_UK
When I load the "Mallory Park.trp" file into track editor and view the wireframe, all the original track surroundings show up in wireframe, but my track surface doesn't although my track surface must be there because the track texture shows? Anyone know what's happening because I'm having big problems trying to figure out this track integration procedure. I've looked at other track .trp files and the track surface in those does show in wireframe view; I must be doing something wrong in the procedure somewhere. GRRRrRrr!! Where's a proper manual when you need one????????

Ref: I named the track surface to: TRKASHP_01HK is this okay?

SA_22

name seems fine... check you havn't got another object with the same name

have you tried putting what you have ingame, or is the fact its not showing up messing it up?

RiccoChicco

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 17, 2014, 09:41:58 PM
I named the track surface to: TRKASHP_01HK is this okay?

Nope, it's "TRKASPH" not "TRKASHP"

It can explain your problems  :)

SA_22

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Hawk

Hi Guys.....

I feel like I did when I first started learning Computer Programming way back in the early 80's... When we used to type those programmes in by hand from the magazines and then they wouldn't work and then you'd have to go back through every line of code to make sure you not only spelt every word correctly, but also that you had the programme delimiters in the correct places too. Usually it would be a misspelt code or a comma or a space that you'd not put into the code line and it was usually buried deep inside the code somewhere that was stopping it working..... It was a very frustrating time indeed. But we did learn a lot by doing it that way, especially how to type properly on a keyboard! Hehehe.  ;D

You know, I'm sure I checked that spelling several times.... I must be going blind! Hehe. ;D

Thanks for the correction guys.... Appreciate your help. ;)

I'll give that a try later as soon as I get some down time...

Hawk

Got the track surface to show up in TrackED now. Thanks for your help Guys! ;)

It's still crashing when I try to run it in GP Bikes.  :(

I'm using the original track "config" file..... Is there anything I need to adjust in the config file?.... What about that [DATA] code? What is that from?

Can anyone help please? :)

RiccoChicco

This is a strict minimum list to have a track into GPB. It's a fast integration (it should take 5/10 minutes), but it will ask to be modified for the release  :P

- Export both .map and .trp
- Put it in your track folder which already contain background/skydomes/.amb (the .amb needs to have the name of the track)
- Complete the track's name in your track.ini
- Open TrackEd
- Open the .trp
- Draw the centerline. Don't forget to close it. Merge it. Save it (the .tcl). Note : don't forget to start the centerline with a straight and to finish it with a curve.
- Open View->Race Data -> Pits -> Put 1 (or more) in Num Pits. Save the .rdf (which will have the name of the track).

Notes :

- The data/code is the code you get when you export the .trp (in the 3ds max exporter). It's good to replace it for each update of the track. The game checks this code to know if two people run the same version. If you don't update it, it's not important for Testing, the game will not crash because of that.

If you something is not clear for you feel free to ask for details and if you still have problems to integrate the track, just send me a PM with your .trp and .map  :)