• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:28:52 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

(WIP)Mallory Park Track Surface Rebuild TEST...

Started by Hawk, April 13, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Hawk

Quote from: RiccoChicco on April 19, 2014, 10:45:37 AM
This is a strict minimum list to have a track into GPB. It's a fast integration (it should take 5/10 minutes), but it will ask to be modified for the release  :P

- Export both .map and .trp
- Put it in your track folder which already contain background/skydomes/.amb (the .amb needs to have the name of the track)
- Complete the track's name in your track.ini
- Open TrackEd
- Open the .trp
- Draw the centerline. Don't forget to close it. Merge it. Save it (the .tcl). Note : don't forget to start the centerline with a straight and to finish it with a curve.
- Open View->Race Data -> Pits -> Put 1 (or more) in Num Pits. Save the .rdf (which will have the name of the track).

Notes :

- The data/code is the code you get when you export the .trp (in the 3ds max exporter). It's good to replace it for each update of the track. The game checks this code to know if two people run the same version. If you don't update it, it's not important for Testing, the game will not crash because of that.

If you something is not clear for you feel free to ask for details and if you still have problems to integrate the track, just send me a PM with your .trp and .map  :)

Hi Ricco.
Thanks for that mate, that's brilliant! ;D
I know now what I have to do least to get the track working just for the test. I'll give it another go and if I still have problem I will send you the track folder to sort it out.

Thanks, Ricco.... Appreciate it! ;) ;D 8)

Hawk

Quote from: Alby46 on April 19, 2014, 10:56:21 AM
any update? :D

Was still having probs getting the track integrated into GP Bikes.... However Ricco has given me a bare minimum "to-do" list here..... I'm going to give it another go at integrating the track, and if I still can't get it sorted Ricco has been kind enough to have a look at it for me, but I'd like to figure this out if I can.

I will post here of the progress when it happens.... should not be too long now I hope.  ;) :)

Hawk

Hi guys.

AT LAST!! Thanks RICCO!! Your a STAR MATE!! ;D ;D

Finally it works thanks to all you guys help.... and especially Ricco for creating a little how to for the bare essentials to get a track integrated in GP Bikes.
The problem was that until Ricco pointed out that you only need certain files in the track folder to be able to test it in GP Bikes, I was just replacing the .map/.trp and .rdf files into the original Mallory Park Track Folder; obviously having those other original files in the folder that I didn't replace was creating an issue of some kind. But all is well now.  ;D 8)

Initial tests by myself are great... the track surface seems very good on the 125/500/1000cc bikes... not tested the track surface with any other bikes. Hopefully you guys will give it a good test and report back by posting here to let me know if there are still any problems that you are experiencing; hopefully if there is then we can find a cure for them if it's a problem with the track surface model. If you think it is a bike physics problem that you encounter and not a track surface issue, then please say so.  ;)

But remember guys, this is just a track surface test to see how your bike handles the track surface, etc, etc.... It's just basic alpha type textures on track, so don't expect anything else. It's just a track surface rebuild test that hopefully if successful we can rebuild some of the dodgy track surfaces with the same technique.

I'm just creating a basic set of track replay cameras now, and then I'll post a Track Download link here for you guys to be able to download and test this track surface for yourselves and hopefully report back in this thread with your constructive findings. :)

Hawk

Hi Guys!

Here is the download link for the "Mallory Park"  Track Surface Rebuild Test Track: https://mega.co.nz/#!KR9m0KwI!Fs_RRPw7cpcJ3QAK4eHX_RBocwzM9MPugge88oI0_Gw

Please test it and get back to me via posts in this thread for any comments or problems and constructive advice for any improvements.
Having said that, my initial tests are very pleasing and promising for the possibility of upgrading other problem track surfaces.

Remember. This is only a track surface test, so comments on the rideability of the track surface with various bikes would be helpful. Also remember that this track has some undulations on it that the beta physics of GP Bikes still has a problem handling. ie, uphill and downhill gradients, so bear this in mind when forming you opinion and comments. Thank you.  ;)

RiccoChicco

Nice to see it works  :D 8)

Will give it a try!  :)

Arvoss

Nice work Hawk! I'll try this tonight or tomorrow and compare it to the older version (some 125cc laps) ;)

RBp

Seems to be core.exe on loading for me. Cant test.

Hawk

Quote from: RBp on April 19, 2014, 05:50:52 PM

I'll check this out with the file I uploaded for you guys to make sure it's the correct file I'm using now, because mine works fine.  ;)

Hawk

Thanks guys...... Just one question as I noticed that the track wasn't recording any fastest times during play.  What do you have to do to get it to record those times? I thought it was the splits, but I'm now thinking it is the checkpoints(I have not applied those yet) that record the actual fastest lap while playing?

SA_22

track loads fine for me....

the tight hairpin still has a few small bumps that upset the bike

the camber is weird on the outside of the last corner.. not sure if its like irl, but it throws the bike to the left

Hawk

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 19, 2014, 06:06:50 PM
Quote from: RBp on April 19, 2014, 05:50:52 PM

I'll check this out with the file I uploaded for you guys to make sure it's the correct file I'm using now, because mine works fine.  ;)

@RBp: Just tested it with the track I uploaded to MEGA. It works fine.

Did you copy paste it without moving the original Mallory Park Track first? That would merge it with the original track folder and leave some old files in the track folder that will cause it to core.exe.

Hawk

Quote from: SA_22 on April 19, 2014, 06:14:55 PM
track loads fine for me....

the tight hairpin still has a few small bumps that upset the bike

the camber is weird on the outside of the last corner.. not sure if its like irl, but it throws the bike to the left

Well this is the thing, There is no bumps in the track surface model. I have noticed a little sort of rumbling around the hairpin myself, especially if you go tight and very slow; wondering if I should try increasing the resolution of that corner for another test, but I will wait until others have had a good chance to give the track a good test first.
But yeah.... I definitely hear what your saying on that point SA.  ;)

The last corner has a dipping undulation on the exit, it's same as original track surface, I'm also pretty sure it is true to real life also? Maybe others who are in the know can comment on that.
You also have to take into consideration the fact that GP Bike Physics still has a slight problem with dipping road surfaces, same with road surfaces that rise up especially on bends while your leaned over.

RBp

April 19, 2014, 07:12:19 PM #43 Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:17:07 PM by RBp
Work nows, thanks Hawk,  I copy and pasted as im working though the BSB tracks myself.

Harpin bend as you stated,

Hawk

I've posted the track download link in the 1st Post so it won't get lost in all the comments.  ;)