• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 04:59:16 AM

Core crashes

Started by BozoCRO, January 13, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on June 17, 2014, 03:41:41 PM

I know my IT stuff :P , there is not a single folder,program or background service i`m not known with or doesn`t not serve a purpose on my system. I also reinstall windows every 3 months, i am 1000% sure it`s not on my end. It`s on PiBoSo`s end...

Then of course you know what to do to keep your system running well and efficiently JamoZ.  :) :P

But I'm not aiming my post at those of us who are as knowledgeable about system maintenance as you obviously are, it is more for those, and there are many, that have no clue what is under the hood of their PC and don't want to know, yet they complain when things go wrong. I'm sure you will agree that a PC needs keeping well maintained and clean(of rubbish and harmful or interfering utilities) the same as a motorbike does if it is to run well.

Alone

I´m still thinking that the dynamic track surface has something that could cause moslty of the core.exe problems.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 17, 2014, 03:55:05 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 17, 2014, 03:47:20 PM
@Max: Surely Piboso would have locked it down if it was just a memory leak problem? Are there not capable memory management modules around nowadays to contain and manage memory requirements needed? I thought the majority of memory leak problems were a thing of the past now?
Not so sure .. memory leak is just forgetting to deallocate stuff: this can be detected (don't think in all the cases and in all the frameworks but yes, there are some tools).
Memory corruption is something more tricky to detect: essentially you're writing where you shouldn't. Sometimes it has zero impact, sometimes it screws everything up.

Memory corruption is the absolute nightmare for a developer: sometimes, just the fact of adding debug statements (e.g print or write some info out) makes the problem disappear (because you end up writing in a different area, which could have no impact). That's why sometimes this kind of bugs are named "Heisenbugs" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenbug)) (which, by the way, is a hell of clever name for these).

MaX.

I thought you could specify and restrict the memory requirements and usage for the application being developed in modern Dev/Compliers like MS Visual C++ ? But obviously it doesn't work as they say it does.

Sounds like the Star Trek Heisenburg Compensator that allows the theory of the Energy/Matter transporter to work. In fact I think it is named because of the same problem, and why they say that an energy/matter transporter would never be possible.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Alone on June 17, 2014, 04:05:18 PM
I´m still thinking that the dynamic track surface has something that could cause moslty of the core.exe problems.
Could be. But if the problem is memory corruption, the fact the problem disappears without dynamic surface may not necessarily mean the root cause is in dynamic surface.
That's exactly why memory corruptions are a PITA.

Let's cross fingers, we can't help piboso on this more than what we've already done.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 17, 2014, 04:15:23 PM
I thought you could specify and restrict the memory requirements and usage for the application being developed in modern Dev/Compliers like MS Visual C++ ? But obviously it doesn't work as they say it does.
Not sure MSVC offers alot in this direction but there are external tools.
The problem is that C is a pretty permissive language ... I mean, once you can have a "void *", the door is open ...

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 17, 2014, 04:15:23 PM
Sounds like the Star Trek Heisenburg Compensator that allows the theory of the Energy/Matter transporter to work. In fact I think it is named because of the same problem, and why they say that an energy/matter transporter would never be possible.
Named after Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. Not being a Star Trek fan I can't say if the same is true for the Compensator :)

MaX.

BOBR6 84

unplayable tonight.. core crash after core crash.. all random but all in online sessions.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 09, 2014, 09:43:52 PM
unplayable tonight.. core crash after core crash.. all random but all in online sessions.

Hi Bob.

Any particular track you were using? Whether the track was using dynamic surface? Which server? Etc,etc.... Just some more info so that maybe a common pattern might emerge from everyones information on core.exe's.  ;) :)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Mugello circuit! had some trouble connecting, took a while and ended with a core crash.. 7-8 other players dynamic surface off. core.exe in pitlane. reconnected a few more times after core.exe crashes both in pit lane and on track when near another player!

Kerazo

not that much problems as bob but for me, if there are more than 5,6 people playing i get constantly cores every 4,5 minutes sadly

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 10, 2014, 12:09:15 AM
Mugello circuit! had some trouble connecting, took a while and ended with a core crash.. 7-8 other players dynamic surface off. core.exe in pitlane. reconnected a few more times after core.exe crashes both in pit lane and on track when near another player!

Quote from: kerazxo on August 10, 2014, 06:32:20 AM
not that much problems as bob but for me, if there are more than 5,6 people playing i get constantly cores every 4,5 minutes sadly

Just a thought guys......  In my experience, if your getting an unusual amount of connection and core.exe problems online then it's best to contact the server admin, kindly explain briefly the problem and ask if they could possibly restart the server/s involved. This in my experience does help calm down some problems. But bear in mind that server admins may not be able to respond to your message or restart the server straight away as they could be at work at the time.  ;) :)

Hawk.

C21

The last time i tried Multiplayer i could run 3-4 laps before the core.exe appears. (Win2000mode). Otherwise i´m still unable to play.
I agree and can fully understand Vin97, Jamoz, BOBR, BozoCro,......all of them who are blaming about the online issue.
This one has 1st priority before ANY other physic change should be applied on this game!!!
For me is the following situation: if this issue will not be fixed in the next update i will leave this game until V1 is released. I will not spend any more time on developing mods / physics for this game knowing I can´t play online!! I know that not all users have this issue but there are a lot of who are blaming about this since i joined this community. And NOTHING happened to fix this issue!
That´s why i´m really pissed off and why i am not that much involved in this forum anymore since 5B was released!!
And if you read the specific topic(s) i tried really hard to fix it from my side but it is not in my hands anymore....

I will not offend Piboso but i can´t keep my mouth shut on an issue that is still untouched and annoys a lot of people!!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

daryn98a

when i click to start the game it says core.exe has stopped working and the game no longer works. I deleted the game and re installed it and the same happens

Hawk

Quote from: daryn98a on August 13, 2014, 07:19:03 AM
when i click to start the game it says core.exe has stopped working and the game no longer works. I deleted the game and re installed it and the same happens

Hi daryn.

Have you downloaded and installed any MODS? If so, then strip out all the installed MODS and try with just the default installed Track(Victoria) and the default bikes only.  ;)

If you install the MODS incorrectly and try using them the game will core.exe straight away in some cases.

Hope this helps.

Hawk.

PS: Have you studied the GPB Guide to make sure your correctly installing any MODS, etc, etc...?

GPB Guide: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.0

janaucarre

Hello,
Documents>Piboso>GPBikes>Profiles
Delete the stuff in this folder and restart the game.

PS: please don't post 3 times the same in different thread anymore, it doesn't make the things faster.

Forty6

Hello. While playing in testing mode last night on the Victoria circuit with the Aprilia 250 I experienced a core.exe crash while it was loading before the garage options appear. My OS is windows 8.1 and when it quits out the game and returns you to desktop, it says application has stopped working and there is a drop down with lots of numbers and stuff apparently explaining what's happened. I'm more of a gamer than a programmer so it doesn't make any sense to me but would it be any use if I copied it next time the crash happened? I'm sure more of you who know a lot more than me have already noticed this but I just thought I'd mention it anyway?

BOBR6 84

This doesnt help the situation but I had a couple of core crashes on the NDS monza online server earlier.. First time with a NDS track!

One touching a curb in a replay!!

The other was in the middle of the track following matty..