• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:47:51 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

So true, but what if they had a real controller to use that might make them think about making better physics and controller inputs for more than gamepads??? Thats what I want to do with the bike sim world. Give the gamer a good controller for bikes and maybe the software houses will start thinking along the car sim lines!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 26, 2015, 08:27:33 PM
If they only put 50% of the effort they do on content (bikes, tracks) into actual physics, that game would be an absolute blast.
But we all know it's not gonna happen, so here we are :)

MaX.

I cannot argue with that...

A piboso/milestone effort would be a good venture..

doubledragoncc

I would rather see Piboso/SlightlyMadStudios

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Or piboso/jester interactive..

TTSuperbikes 2016!!!

I hate dreaming...

Imagine what Rockstar games could do with their fat pockets too :(

doubledragoncc

Rockstar oh yeah baby...................Fast bikes and BIG GUNS lol  AND .......................HOT CHICKS!!!!!!

DD

BOBR6 84

Lol yeah they would need to calm down a bit..  ;D

You should try and persuade slightly mad to ditch project cars DD.. Project bikes sounds much better!

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 26, 2015, 08:41:37 PM
So true, but what if they had a real controller to use that might make them think about making better physics and controller inputs for more than gamepads??? Thats what I want to do with the bike sim world. Give the gamer a good controller for bikes and maybe the software houses will start thinking along the car sim lines!!!
I don't think so. If one has to buy a dedicated controller to play the game, that reduces the potential customer base. That's the very last thing they want.

Their problem is not the lack of a controller. Actually they don't have a problem: they do poor simulators but they sell them like bread during war.

We have a problem: because we don't settle for plain white bread but we want bread with organic wheat, cereals, sunflower seeds, handpicked olives and grated virgin-goat cheese on top.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

You missunderstood me Max. I meant they could ADD the ability to use real controls as they dont even work right for logitech and such properly. Its about having more customers and many DONT buy bike games because they HATE gamepads just like me and its NO fun riding with one. I am talking about generating a reason to WANT to make better games and not just plain white bread. Oh and keep the virgin-goat cheese I want a real good steak in a fine sauce with a whole maine lobster drenched in the riches pure butter and all topped with jelly babies!!!

Virgins are not "IN" now anyways!!!

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 26, 2015, 10:38:22 PM
Virgins are not "IN" now anyways!!!
Fashion you know, it comes and goes ...

Have to admit Maine lobsters are good: had an overdose of them while I was in Boston a long time ago for a couple of years. Price was ridiculous too ... barely more expensive than a McDo (if you knew the right places to go).

Wait, what was the topic here again ? :)

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Topic?????????? Umm..................

Yeah I used to get a whole Main Lobster and BIG steak for $15.99 in Florida when I lived there.

Topic???????? Umm....................

Yeah virgins used to be the fad but not no more!!!!

Topic????????? Umm...........

A chocolate bar?

Um...........

Oh something about bikes I think lol

DD

BOBR6 84

Another point to think about.. Alot of players just want to go as fast as possible.. A gamepad for bike games will always be faster..

I would be interested in using handlebars etc for gpbikes for sure! For the sim experience.. But, a gamepad will always be faster.. Especially for console bike games! All the competative players out there will always choose the fastest method..

doubledragoncc

Thats because they kids just want to WIN and are bad losers. Real sim racers like the challenge.

A gamepad is only quicker until you LEARN to use a real control!!! A real control is more accurate and therfore will make you quicker if you LEARN how to use it.

Put all those fast racers using a gamepad in a real car and you have a lot of dead gamers!!!!

Im in it for the challenge of it being real not a game

I got some tricks up my sleeve !!!!! New controllers will rule

DD

BOBR6 84

Car games/sims are faster with a wheel because its pretty much exactly how you drive a car lol.

Look at the GT academy..

At the moment there is no REAL bike controller..

Thats not a dig at you DD by any means, its just there is so much more involved with riding/racing a bike than just handlebars.. For sure its fun but theres nothing anybody can do with handlebars that cant be done with a pad!

doubledragoncc

Not quite right there BOBPPPPPPP the big difference is the amount of control over each seperate control you have, do you think a gamepads thumbsticks can accurately control the throttle like a twistgrip, the clutch and brake levers with finesse, just the actual fact that you are making the real movement as on a real bike makes the action more natural and takes less time to think about in the sublogic level, the steering is SPOT on and far more accurate that you will NEVER get on ANY gamepad. Believe me it is a totally different world.

Try riding your real bike with a gamepad!!!!!  I could use my system to ride a real bike!!!! (not the steering as it is for static use only) but All other controls are real!!!

DD

BOBR6 84

To be honest theres probably more modulation on the xbox pad trigger than there is on my quick action throttle lol.  ;D ;D

Like I said, the handlebars etc would be great fun to try and probably do feel great with the input controls but, a control pad serves its purpose (for me) just fine!