• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:29:34 AM

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

oooooooooooooh new shit to play with

Ta very much

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

@ Max: So there is no way a plugin can be developed to give us the on screen rider widgets with their lap times and denoting the riders position on track like we see on the TV?
Also is they no way of plugging into the Live replay to give us more options for when we want to live stream, like camera control, etc, etc.... Can't this be done with a plugin?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 22, 2016, 05:29:27 PM
@ Max: So there is no way a plugin can be developed to give us the on screen rider widgets with their lap times and denoting the riders position on track like we see on the TV?
Definitely doable while riding (i.e. for broadcasting while racing).
Should also be doable while spectating a race (which is the usual case when broadcasting tv-style).

Also is they no way of plugging into the Live replay to give us more options for when we want to live stream, like camera control, etc, etc.... Can't this be done with a plugin?
Camera control no, this is done by GPB and its replay commands.
What do you need that is not there yet ?

doubledragoncc

If you use something like Xsplit it is basically broadcasting what you can see on only one screen. It is the replay camera view you want to see live then only a spectator can broadcast them.  Piboso would have to make it so GPB was picture in picture capable which I believe it is not as I have tried lol.

I have set up my YouTube to broadcast live but not used it yet, that is why I have Xsplit. There are also 2 versions, one I cant use as I only have a laptop.

If I was not so boring sounding I would love to commentate but it might have an X rating lol

This would be so cool if we can find a way to do it. I think if you talk to all those doing live race streaming ALL the live streams are from the commentators screen as he can control the cameras.

Saying all that, if P made it so that the replay cameras were options for view when you were riding it might work somehow???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 22, 2016, 07:44:01 PM
Definitely doable while riding (i.e. for broadcasting while racing).
Should also be doable while spectating a race (which is the usual case when broadcasting tv-style).

Camera control no, this is done by GPB and its replay commands.
What do you need that is not there yet ?

We need tools that a commentator can use during live-streaming via the Live-Replay Screen:

Ideally we need to be able to use a map like what you have now which shows the riders and their positions on track, but with the additional feature of the commentator being able to click on a rider widget on that map which will switch the live view to a camera that follows that rider. This will allow the commentator the ability to easily see were the action is and switch to a camera to follow that action and comment on what's happening in the race.

That with the TV style list of riders and times which change position accordingly when a rider is passed - All this on the live-replay screen.

If we can do that via a plugin then I'm sure live-streaming with commentary will be very viable and a pleasure to watch.  ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Dont forget you need a BEEP app for when someone gets pottymouth lol.

Can I commentate using my Fat Bastard accent?  ;D

DD

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 22, 2016, 10:22:17 PM
Dont forget you need a BEEP app for when someone gets pottymouth lol.

Can I commentate using my Fat Bastard accent?  ;D

DD

ROFL!!  ;D

I think you could easily develop into a right old character for commentating DD! The Murray Walker of GPB Live-Stream!  ;D  8)

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Would absolutely love that! might be that you lose me as a racer and i turn into viewer instead then lol
Meyer#12

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 22, 2016, 09:33:04 PM
Ideally we need to be able to use a map like what you have now which shows the riders and their positions on track,
That should be doable.

but with the additional feature of the commentator being able to click on a rider widget on that map which will switch the live view to a camera that follows that rider.
That's not doable: as I said, the plugin have no control on which camera is currently selected.

That with the TV style list of riders and times which change position accordingly when a rider is passed - All this on the live-replay screen.
That should be doable.

Hawk

March 22, 2016, 11:05:44 PM #865 Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:07:21 PM by Hawk
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 22, 2016, 10:45:39 PM
Ideally we need to be able to use a map like what you have now which shows the riders and their positions on track,
That should be doable.

but with the additional feature of the commentator being able to click on a rider widget on that map which will switch the live view to a camera that follows that rider.
That's not doable: as I said, the plugin have no control on which camera is currently selected.

That should be doable.

Are you sure that's not doable Max?
Okay. Let's think of a different way of doing the same thing - If we can currently select a rider camera in the live replay(from the drop down menu list of riders), then surely we must be able to adapt that to say: Select a rider TV camera by clicking on a rider name from the TV Style rider list that you said was doable? That would be a good alternative.  ;D

Or is that drop down menu rider select feature we already have just not accessible via a plugin command? If not then I suspect it's one of those plugin command/s that Piboso has just not told us about?

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

The pull down menu for choosing riders that Piboso has is good for swapping to other riders but a bit slow. You need to be able to do as in Maxhud and have what you need in front of you for the race. Basically, the replay page needs a new design to utilize space better and be set up for this kind of thing. I am sure if the right person asked P he would be willing to think about it.

The commentator should also have a large screen. I use an ASUS laptop with a 17in screen but push out HDMI full HD to a 40in flatscreen. I find it so much better for editing and not just playing, its the kind of setup needed to run the streaming, plus a good internet connection lol.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 22, 2016, 11:06:06 PM
The pull down menu for choosing riders that Piboso has is good for swapping to other riders but a bit slow. You need to be able to do as in Maxhud and have what you need in front of you for the race. Basically, the replay page needs a new design to utilize space better and be set up for this kind of thing. I am sure if the right person asked P he would be willing to think about it.

The commentator should also have a large screen. I use an ASUS laptop with a 17in screen but push out HDMI full HD to a 40in flatscreen. I find it so much better for editing and not just playing, its the kind of setup needed to run the streaming, plus a good internet connection lol.

Max, myself and a few other guys had a good discussion about this very subject with Piboso quite a while ago and he seemed well enthused about implementing it at the time, and I hope he will implement it in a future update at some stage. But it would be great if for now Max could find a way to achieve at least the minimum of what we'd really need to do good live stream events with plugin features that would help a commentator do his job.
One of the biggest drawbacks Furious had when he tried Live-Stream commentary was that it was impossible to know where the action was and also needed a simpler or quicker way to switch to rider cameras to see that action.

I suppose for a bare minimum requirement, a plugin to just have the dynamic map that Max already has in his MAXhud showing on the live replay screen would allow a commentator to see where the action was and then he could select a camera from the drop down rider camera menu. But that would be a bare minimum needed I think? But it would also be great to have the TV Style dynamic rider list with the rider time diffs too. I think that would work quite well.... What do you think DD?

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

"One of the biggest drawbacks Furious had when he tried Live-Stream commentary was that it was impossible to know where the action was and also needed a simpler or quicker way to switch to rider cameras to see that action."

That is SO important and what makes a stream come alive. It is the biggest problem I have had, NO action on my own lol.

I think it will be important to know which system we would stream on as they all have there good and bad points and it will be important to know what is needed for each system of live streaming.

I will experiment a bit with youtube and Xsplit to see, also twitch is good. My friend live streams all the time with Star citizen and for long times too. I will ask him for a bit of advice.

All in all it looks like we might be getting the ball rolling.

Great work chaps

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 22, 2016, 11:05:44 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 22, 2016, 10:45:39 PM
That should be doable.

That should be doable.

Are you sure that's not doable Max?
Yes I am. Once again, right now a plugin can't switch to another camera. Are you gonna ask me another time if I'm sure ? In case, the answer is (again), yes, I'm sure :)

I can (eventually) provide the map and the classification, but when you want to chnage camera, you'll have to do it manually.