• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:04:50 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

frame rate is terrible when i record..

oh well..

https://www.youtube.com/v/WsdeKcSmV48

teeds

Demo out today but it looks like you've been riding it for years Bob.... umm oh yea  :-\

I'd normally ask if anyone's managed a clean lap but yet but with this, has anyone actually managed to crash a bike yet?   ;D And no a game crash doesn't count.

JJS209

Quote from: teeds on March 18, 2015, 04:20:33 PM
I'd normally ask if anyone's managed a clean lap but yet but with this, has anyone actually managed to crash a bike yet?   ;D And no a game crash doesn't count.
hehe

didnt test it and i wont do a try. grafics looks nice, the rest of the game themes to be for the bin. why do they release such things?
maybe they reanimated an old arcade-machine from the early 90's, copyed the game and gave em new looking. what a piece of sh*t  ::)

TKay

Tried out the demo a couple minutes ago and I gotta say...I'm surprised how terrible this game is.
Not only the riding-mechanics are arcady as sh*t, also the optimization --> there is none.
And my PC is well above the recommended system requirement.

Uninstalled.  :'(
I was expecting more than that. I guess GP Bikes spoiled me. ;)

The one thing I like are the models.

BOBR6 84

its far too easy.. once you upgrade the bike its fun.. but, far too easy.

iv seen lots of video's of people struggling to do a lap lol wtf?

could be a giggle online though with a few chums.. just wish it was ALOT more of a challenge. shame.

doubledragoncc

I just watched your video BOBPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP and it was the first time I paid attention to the graphics as I uninstalled mine in disgust.

LOOK at the proportion of the crash barriers to the bike and rider, they are 1990's toooooooo big and the actual graphics look like they were done with a crayon, as dose most of the graphics...........WTF WTF WTF

Is this not 2015 with such sims like Project cars, Assetto Corsa showing us what is possible for graphics at 60FPS..............RIDE looks from the early 90's, framerate is shit and for me it played once then crashed and wont ever see life on my computer again!!!!

I can run PCars and Assetto with ultra settings on my 40inch screen and get 40 plus FPS, the RIDE just jurked around the corners and felt like I was doing all of 50mph!!!!WTF

No other game has made me say WTF so much and I am being frickin polite!!!!!!

All I can say is I hope for Milestone it is just a Steam download error and Demo problem because if the actual GAME is like this it will be a flop to say the least.

Just saying  ;D

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Well.... I'm not going to waste my time even checking this one out as I can see from Bobs video that the physics are almost non-existent. Why would anyone waste their money on this crap... Put your monies to better use and donate it to Piboso!!  :P ;D

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

lol  ;D ;D

i doubt il buy this.. runs crap on my pc and i dont have an xb1..

besides im enjoying GPB so no need to either..  ;)

matty0l215

Nope... not even with a barge pole... :o

Invisible walls along the track edge, try to take the racing line and BAM! off you fly >:(

1 incomplete race (9 of 10 laps on the Street Triple) and I've given up... not worth £30

Oh and runs like crap on a mid-high spec PC... (less than 60FPS on a PC that can run most games on High settings with no trouble)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

Can anyone answer me just one question............................

WHY make a piece of shit like RIDE when even if ALL your other games were bad they were not THIS bad? I mean seriously, look at all the comments here, go onto steam and see the problems people have, I am not the only one that it only ran once then crashed and I downloaded and installed 4 times to make sure it was not ME lol.

WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

dude

It seams that Milestone produce their games in first for the consoles and port then to pc.
With MotoGP14 I had big problems, but with "Ride" it is a little bit better.

My opinion for the game is: Add punches, kicks and grabs and you will have Road Rash 2015. That would be better then trying to be a good motorcycle game :P

doubledragoncc

OK so here's my final thoughts on RIDE as unfortunately I am going to HAVE to buy the GAME because I sell motorcycle controllers I have to test them on every game, bummer but thats life.

So I downloaded for the 5th time today the RIDE, hoping an update had been done and to my surprise I got it to run in default graphic settings right away........... only took 5 trys and then tried it in high settings and ran too, so I could do a FPS test..............30FPS max and normal 27, in replay it dropped down to 19 at times!!!. Even with 30FPS it was jumpy and actually hurt my eyes after a while. The bikes and rider are in OK quality but the background is grainy, over colored and plain shit graphics!!!

The handling is the same no matter what setting, very easy or realistic felt the same, there is no sense of speed in it due to the blotchy and stuttering background. When you compare it to how it feels to ride in GPB.......OMFG two different worlds i  shit you not!!!
I spent time running straight into shit to see the rider animation, or lack of it to be precise and the crash action is nearly always the same, NO physics apparent here as the bike and rider just did their routine rolling over shit, they must have practiced it to get it so perfect each time!!! If this is a simulation then I am a virgin..............go ask my kids its true!!!

BUT..............heres the good news....................it aint got shit on GPB in ANY way so another one eats Piboso's dust!!!

I actually feel sorry for the crew at Milestone as I am sure they put a lot into the RIDE, but it dont excuse a piss poor product that does not deliver what is advertized. I watched the reviews on VVV by Alan an I had to shake my head at the realization that people are actually taken in by the words of Milestone that its a simulation and they believe it is.......

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has the world gone insane? Will I have to suffer hearing people praising this whateva it is game? Somebody pass me a loaded 44 PLEASE!!!

OK got that off me chest so I guess paying £29.99 is not going to kill me but dang I could get a good bottle of Whiskey for that and enjoy myself, but having to play the RIDE will be no fun for me..................

Thats how dedicated I am to making a good controller for you lot, see what I have to suffer for you all...................just kidding but its true, I will NOT enjoy testing my controls on RIDE, such a shame.

DD

BOBR6 84

Some say... DD is RIDE videogame's biggest secret fan!!  ;D

Docfumi

March 19, 2015, 03:01:04 AM #163 Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:04:00 AM by docfumi
Well I gave it another go and I think with a few updates it could make some poor 12 year old happy.
I just can't get my head around it, not after playing GPB, I was not expecting it to be as good as GPB
but I thought it would be a little more intense. As stated by many it is far too easy to play and it only
looks good if you have an overblown PC. I do not. None the less I will by a copy and put it on my shelf
with the rest of my dust collectors. 

1) Great for the kids and the Weekend Warriors who claim to know bikes
2) They could have got me if it was open world ah-la TDU, but just track racing is a Gehirn Fick
3) Good reason to put a Game pad through a monitor
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

HornetMaX

DD, don't feel sorry for Milestone: RIDE will sell all right so for them it is GREAT SUCCESS (Borat inside).

I haven't even downloaded the demo yet .... yawn ...

MaX.