• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:36:25 PM

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBp

From a business point of view milestone have it right, They make money. 

No reason why a console can't run a sim either. it all the same hardware

Abigor

Quote from: WALKEN on September 20, 2014, 03:37:31 PM
Quote from: Abigor on September 20, 2014, 02:11:41 PM
Quote from: WALKEN on September 20, 2014, 02:05:12 PM
yet even more console vomit  ::)

Maybe they can introduce fake facebook and tweeter feeds into the game. oh wait they already did that...
Waaw.....just listening to yourself....... what is wrong with consoles ?

There are console "games" and there are PC simulators. I support the cause & effect hence why I support Piboso.
LOL......whats wrong if you have both ? I support Piboso too and i will buy all games from Piboso but all that talk about pc vs console is ridiculous......ask Piboso if it's possible to make GP BIKES on PS4 with samme physics.

Klax75

September 20, 2014, 05:05:58 PM #17 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:07:46 PM by Klax75
I have to agree. This is gets old. My dad can beat up your dad, I drink Coke you drink Pepsi. Console versus PC. X-Box Versus Playstation, Nintendo versus Sega.

I've been playing video games all my life. Started playing consoles in 1980, I enjoy them. At the same time I can enjoy a PC games justs as much.

I think that is the problem with the world as a whole. To much of mine is better then yours. As people we can all enjoy everything with out a limit or a cry of foul. :)

No one is wrong and no one is right either.

Just my half a cent, since I'm tired of these useless kind of debates. lol

HornetMaX

Console are not the problem. Console players are the problem :)

Quote from: RBp on September 20, 2014, 04:34:00 PM
From a business point of view milestone have it right, They make money. 

Right.

Quote from: RBp on September 20, 2014, 04:34:00 PM
No reason why a console can't run a sim either. it all the same hardware

And right again. It's the (average) console player that won't be able to run a sim  ;D

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: Abigor on September 20, 2014, 04:58:17 PM
Quote from: WALKEN on September 20, 2014, 03:37:31 PM
Quote from: Abigor on September 20, 2014, 02:11:41 PM
Quote from: WALKEN on September 20, 2014, 02:05:12 PM
yet even more console vomit  ::)

Maybe they can introduce fake facebook and tweeter feeds into the game. oh wait they already did that...
Waaw.....just listening to yourself....... what is wrong with consoles ?

There are console "games" and there are PC simulators. I support the cause & effect hence why I support Piboso.
LOL......whats wrong if you have both ? I support Piboso too and i will buy all games from Piboso but all that talk about pc vs console is ridiculous......ask Piboso if it's possible to make GP BIKES on PS4 with samme physics.

Hehe.... A console vs PC rage debate..... LOVE IT! LOL  ;D

To throw some more controversial bait into the arena.... If you buy a console your supporting the very companies that will eventually crush the PC as a gaming machine. You have to remember that the less gaming PC's that are sold the more expensive the hardware will be for PC gamers, and so the vicious cycle will continue until it becomes just SO expensive to buy PC hardware that only businesses will be able to afford and justify the financial outlay. But also way before that happen's there will come a point were Game Dev's will stop developing games for the PC simply because it's not a profitable platform anymore.
So you may say what's the problem with having both? Well the problem is that the majority who decide to buy a console just don't bother to buy a PC at all, and so the imbalance of sales just gets bigger and bigger, that's the problem. But by buying a console your supporting the very companies that would love to see the gaming PC a part of history... So it's simple, if you want to see the gaming PC thrive into the future, don't buy consoles.  :P ;D

@Klax: Oh... It's got to be Pepsi any day of the week! That'll upset our team sponsors. Hehe  ;) ;D

Hawk.

Klax75

Hawk

September 20, 2014, 05:48:08 PM #21 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:29:02 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Klax75 on September 20, 2014, 05:44:11 PM
I hate you Hawk... LOL!

LOL!.... I thought for a minute there you were going to fire me from the team as per directive from "Cola". Hehe.  ;D

Hawk. ;)

Harrytmj66

I think we all need to calm down....Buy a PS2....Buy Tourist Trophy......AND Enjoy!

Hawk

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on September 20, 2014, 06:03:13 PM
I think we all need to calm down....Buy a PS2....Buy Tourist Trophy......AND Enjoy!

Lol... Or any milestone game.  ;D

Hawk.

girlracerTracey

September 20, 2014, 06:33:24 PM #24 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:43:35 PM by girlracerTracey
You lot crack me up..but in a good way!  :)

I think it is almost impossible to turn the tide of what is happening out there. Consoles now rule. For better or worse. Richer or poorer. In sickness and in health..

Nothing is going to change that. Full stop. That's the way I read it anyway..

PC's with powerful graphical abilities will always (within a "sane" life-span at least..) exist. You are however much more likely to have to pay "through the nose" for  them in the future. But they will exist. How else will game developers develop their new games for those all singing and dancing ever so popular consoles that now rule over every living soul on this planet?

So I expect to have to pay much more for a decent gaming pc in the future..but yes I think they will at least be available for "enthusiasts" like us.

The challenge to the niche pc game developing community is simply this..make some decent quality racing games..now and in the future.  That will to a small degree stem the tide. If there are decent quality racing games out there on pc then why would anyone bother to buy a console?

There is a niche market out there. It needs to be fed. On the four wheel side of things I believe that this is happening. The situation is quite healthy from what I can make out. In the context of a niche market. But 2 wheels as we know do present a special challenge. The mainstream market is small and so correspondingly is the 2 wheel racing sphere of the niece pc gaming market. As we are all only too aware. But it does exist. PiBoSo and gpbikes prove that..

But as for stemming the tide of mainstream console gaming..that's just never going to happen is it? The gaming world is what it is..there seems to be no going back. Sadly. Kids likes video games..

This to my mind is why Project Cars is so interesting. Designed in collaboration with an enthusiastic and knowledgeable pc car racing community. Designed to be challenging. Supposedly not diluted too much for the console versions. An "idiots" mode for beginners and casual gamers and an "experts" mode for those who wish to race it as it was designed to be raced.. I'm not saying it's as "sim" as gpbikes, clearly it isn't, arguably there is no comparison in terms of "purity", but the concept does seem very interesting. Are the designers playing the console world at their own game I wonder?

grT  ;)

WALKEN

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on September 20, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Cool, I agree Harry... In fact I played some Tourist Trophy just the other night on my PS2.  TT also plays rather well on PC through emulation..  More options concerning the latter.

But on topic concerning RIDE, not to sure if I enjoy being taken on that kind of "ride" by mass appeal madness... 

I'm sure it will be a good game for a particular audience, but I'm willing to bet it will lack the depth that I look for in racing simulations because of the target market and the risk of sales otherwise vs a sure bet... 

There is no such thing as console vs PC in my head.  I spend good money on PC hardware for a reason. I don't think if someone were to spend $5000 on an F1 simulator, that Forza and a wheel would constitute a debate. 

Besides that, cats eat their own puke. Console vomit anyone?   :)       
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

WALKEN!!!! hook me up with an emulator!!!!! i need TT back in my life lol  8)

maaan i loved that game lol

RIDE will be a pile of crap... i loved the SBK titles from milestone. mainly 09/10/11/12 but if i play them now.. rubbish.

iv always been a console gamer. mainly bike games..

first time i saw GPbikes on youtube i wanted a pc lol. so thats what i did!

now im finding it hard to walk away from my pc.. its great!

GPbikes has me well and truly hooked!!

first thing i do when i get home is switch my pc on.. not the xbox!

i still like a bit of Trials evolution and GTA on xbox though.. :P

Hawk

September 20, 2014, 08:36:50 PM #27 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:07:30 AM by Hawk_UK
@Tracey: Well to be honest I think your correct when you say that the consoles are here to stay. I just hope there is enough gaming PC enthusiasts to not only keep PC hardware prices at a reasonable level in future, but also to keep Dev Houses interested in the PC market. But I do think that exclusive release deals should be outlawed, same with TV rights and pay per view. They are all ruining the PC and TV arena. Can someone shoot down that Sky satellite too; you'd be surprised at the world of goodness that would follow. :D

Hawk

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 20, 2014, 07:47:29 PM
i still like a bit of Trials evolution and GTA on xbox though.. :P

Both available (or soon to be) on pc :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

girlracerTracey

Sad thing is that I personally think the established mainstream game developers couldn't give two hoots for the pc format.  I don't think the pc format matters to them very much at all any more.

When the gpbikes project reaches the stage where the base physics is pretty much finalised and the core.exe gremlins are sorted then I doubt I will race anything else online. Maybe just a bit of gp500 or SBK2001 for nostalgia now and again. But not much..

I think when this happens we should all strip down to our underwear and run through our local high-streets in celebration wearing only our underwear and with "fluffy" pink carpet slippers on our feet..offering passers-by peanuts to eat from a plastic tray. Just to celebrate that great day! 

Being arrested by the police should be a fun experience I think if at all possible.

grT  :)