• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:08:23 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Quite a lesson ?

Started by HornetMaX, July 26, 2015, 09:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

July 26, 2015, 09:06:54 AM Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:59:40 AM by HornetMaX
Despite the fact i do consider him as one of the most talented riders ever, this should teach him that once you make some very bold comments, they can backfire ...

https://www.youtube.com/v/s51TBrRkLi0

Aftermath = broken collarbone and tibia (plus random bruises, of course).

MaX.

P.S.
His comment on Twitter (kinda confirming my thoughts): "A big thanks to my @alpinestars leathers boots and back protector, also @nolan_group Helmet, I would have been much worse off without them!" :)

Blackheart

"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent"  Cit. C.Stoner  ;D

PiBoSo

July 26, 2015, 03:17:05 PM #2 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:38:01 PM by PiBoSo
It's quite sad that there is so much hate among bike fans, especially against one of the few genuine persons in MotoGP history.
This post proves that even an otherwise very intelligent person can sometime write stupid things.

P.S.
The Honda official statement refers to the cause of the accident as "mechanical trouble".
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

LAWSON40

Did you hear the bike on the limiter before he crashed?
The throttle got stuck and he had no choice but to lay it down.

HornetMaX

I have zero hate for him and have volunteered many times to defend him from the attacks of the 46 fanboys (:) ). However, Stoner's latest declarations were far from delicate.

Now if the accident was a mechanical trouble, that's sad. From the images however it seems he had a trouble with the front first. After that, it looked indeed as if he was unable to slow down (which would confirm the mechanic/electronic problem).

MaX.

JamoZ

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 26, 2015, 03:17:05 PM
especially against one of the few genuine persons in MotoGP history.

You`re joking right?

I don`t hate the dude, he was obviously a talentend bloke or else he wouldn`t have grabbed those championships. But in all my years of following MotoGP i have never heard a rider complain about the equipment, other riders, the track, conditions, health etc etc as much as Stoner.

After his famous quote "Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent" , this crash must have hurt his ego just as much as it did his body...

BOBR6 84

Ouuff nasty crash!! Not a good feeling heading towards the grass.. iv'e had the throttle stuck open on me before and crashed.. its horrible  :-\

WALKEN

It's quite sad that there is so much hate among bike fans, especially against one of the few genuine persons in MotoGP history.
This post proves that even an otherwise very intelligent person can sometime write stupid things.

P.S.
The Honda official statement refers to the cause of the accident as "mechanical trouble".

Are you starting trouble again Piboso   ;D
Help me, help you!

Blackheart

No, it's actually one of the worst characters in the history of MotoGP ... and I have nothing against him, is history.

LAWSON40

July 26, 2015, 08:12:52 PM #9 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:14:47 PM by LAWSON40
The trouble with the front end is the result of trying to grab the front brake while still accelerating. Then after that he immediately grabs the clutch and the bike goes on the limiter until he hits the grass. If you play the video at .5 speed its easier to see.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Blackheart on July 26, 2015, 08:01:28 PM

No, it's actually one of the worst characters in the history of MotoGP ... and I have nothing against him, is history.

Suggested reading: "Pushing the Limits" by Casey Stoner.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Just to re-state, Stoner is most likely in my top-3 of the most skilled riders ever (of the ones I've witnessed, let's say form the 80's). It's just the declarations he does after having quit the show that are annoying.

One can do this sort of declarations when he is in the show (but he didn't at the time). Once you leave, you're entitled an opinion of course, but he always implies he's better.
There's only one way to prove he's better ...

MaX.

Blackheart

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 26, 2015, 08:50:50 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on July 26, 2015, 08:01:28 PM

Suggested reading: "Pushing the Limits" by Casey Stoner.

I will read it ... but I imagine it will be like to read something written by Max Biaggi  ::)

Aernouts2

July 27, 2015, 06:23:36 PM #13 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:32:57 PM by Aernouts2

P.S.

+ 1.
Boy o boy.....

HornetMaX

Uh, I find "stupid" a bit harsh in that specific case: when I wrote the comment I didn't know about the mechanical failure. But the considerations on his recent blabbing remain unchanged.

That said, I do agree with your sentence above, at 100%. I guess your intended meaning was to apply it to me, but I have no troubles with that, as I think the sentence applies equally to me, Stoner and ... well, you too :)

MaX.