• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:26:53 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

How to seriously tarnish a 20yrs fantastic career

Started by HornetMaX, October 25, 2015, 07:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 06, 2015, 01:07:26 PM

Quote from: Hawk on November 06, 2015, 12:56:13 PM
Fastest lap times don't mean a thing when your trying to build a gap....... It's the rider who can put in consistently faster lap times over the race distance. Something Rossi is very good at, hence the poor qualifying and bad starts yet good results on race day in comparision. :)
Totally agree, I think MaX is well aware of that too.

Agreed. No disrespect intended Max.  ;)

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 06, 2015, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: Hawk on November 06, 2015, 09:01:33 AM
It's just a shame that they have both been put in the position they are now in because of the short sighted ruling of the authorities on the Rossi/Marquez incident.
Uh, what would have been a proper ruling ?
A proper ruling imo would have been to subtract 3 race points from Rossi for gaining 3rd by running Marquez off. Given the circumstances (the very close battle in the championship) every point is very valuable and that penalty itself is hard enough imo. Of course they should have publicly condemned the behaviour in an official statement etc etc, maybe even threaten to hang a harsh penalty in case Rossi ever does sth like this again. But demoting him to back of grid kind of ruins this whole season because the championship is not being fought out on track. The ruling as it is, is acceptable, but it would have been a bit nicer to have less consequences for the championship battle imo.

+1 Totally agree with you Stout.  ;)

Hawk

HornetMaX

As I said earlier: Rossi was penalized with 3 penalty points for his behaviour in Sepang. If Rossi would not have already received 1 penalty point for his obstruction in Qualifying in Misano, then he would not have been demoted to last place on the grid in Valencia. Would you also have said then that it would have been on the "light side in terms of infraction vs penalty ratio"?
I don't get the question. Yes, what I'm saying is that -3pts on the license is a light penalty compared to what he did, exactly because if he didn't have already a -1pt penalty on his license, he would have got no (practical) penalty at all. At least with respect to that, jorge's ranting is not totally unjustified (even if misplaced), no ?

Quote from: Hawk on November 06, 2015, 12:56:13 PM
Fastest lap times don't mean a thing when your trying to build a gap....... It's the rider who can put in consistently faster lap times over the race distance. Something Rossi is very good at, hence the poor qualifying and bad starts yet good results on race day in comparision. :)
Totally agree, I think MaX is well aware of that too.
Except that vale in Sepang has been slower than dani/jorge all along the race, not only in fastest lap time.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 06, 2015, 02:01:58 PM
As I said earlier: Rossi was penalized with 3 penalty points for his behaviour in Sepang. If Rossi would not have already received 1 penalty point for his obstruction in Qualifying in Misano, then he would not have been demoted to last place on the grid in Valencia. Would you also have said then that it would have been on the "light side in terms of infraction vs penalty ratio"?
I don't get the question. Yes, what I'm saying is that -3pts on the license is a light penalty compared to what he did, exactly because if he didn't have already a -1pt penalty on his license, he would have got no (practical) penalty at all. At least with respect to that, jorge's ranting is not totally unjustified (even if misplaced), no ?
Well then I understand your point of view. I am not sharing it, but at it makes sense to me now.

Except that vale in Sepang has been slower than dani/jorge all along the race, not only in fastest lap time.
What is your point here?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 06, 2015, 09:57:50 PM
What is your point here?
Just that it's not so sure that vale was quicker than marc, so the fact they had a battle is somehow normal.
From the start I got the feeing that vale real thought is: marc (and dani) are fast enough to be in fron t of jorge, ao that's where they should be. If they are not, it's because they are helping him.

Of course he cannot say that openly, but if you read between the lines of what he said ...

Anyway, d-day minus one, so we're almost there !

Napalm Nick

November 07, 2015, 11:35:45 AM #154 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:49:15 PM by Napalm Nick
Yeh nearly Moto3 race time! #ComeonKenty

No1
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"