• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:25:54 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Rossi? Marquez? Who cares!

Started by PiBoSo, November 11, 2015, 01:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

The Rossi "fanboy" are quite objective... the haters they are not... still talk about a invisible kick  ???

WALKEN

If you love MotoGP then you must love all the riders as it takes an entire field of them to have an event. Even Cal Clutchblow  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9_hCjcFNO0
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2015, 10:37:46 PM
- Rossi is hand in glove with Don Carmelo
Yep, that was very bad. Truly mafia style (and before hell opens, yes, I'm italian and my grandfather was from sicily).

- Rossi fanboys are still attacking and insulting other riders: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/80850/1/stoner-slams-british-gp-fans.html
Eh, fanboys are fanboys, no matter who for. Probably other riders have fanboys too. Rossi just has more. Way more. Terribly more.

I kind of appreciate your attitude towards this though: it's ballsy to say that here.

Quote from: RiccoChicco on November 11, 2015, 11:14:14 PM
About Rossi fanboys : a lot are stupid, a lot are not. I'm a Rossi fanboy, and I was disappointed by what's happened in Sepang.
You are not a Rossi fanboy Ricco, you are a Rossi fan, supporter. "fanboys" are all stupid by definition, no matter who they support.
From the little I know you, it's not your case.

PiBoSo

November 11, 2015, 11:29:42 PM #18 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:34:46 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 11, 2015, 09:49:05 PM
Quote from: RiccoChicco on November 11, 2015, 09:47:08 PM
As long as he stays with his helmet on and doesn't talk to insult everyone in MotoGP I'm ok  ;D
Given the recent events, he'd just feel at home :)

Actually, recent news just prove he was 100% right:
- Rossi goes apeshit in the Sepang press conference and no one says a word
- Rossi pushes out a rider and is not DSQ
- Rossi is hand in glove with Don Carmelo
- Rossi fanboys are still attacking and insulting other riders: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/80850/1/stoner-slams-british-gp-fans.html

A theory could be that Stoner is preparing to come back as soon as Rossi will finally retire and MotoGP will return a place for real bike enthusiasts and not mindless fanboys.

I don't agree with your statement. Rossi is hand in glove with Dorna? You talk about those who retired his 10th world title? The same Carmelo that doesn't seem to be able to watch Rossi in his eyes after Valencia race?

About the Sepang fact, Rossi goes of the trajectory, which was a bad move IMO, but it's proved that Marquez caused the contact by leaning on Rossi. A ride through was enough. A lot of MotoGP insiders seems to think the same, but we don't care anymore, the season is over and the past will not change.

About Rossi fanboys : a lot are stupid, a lot are not. I'm a Rossi fanboy, and I was disappointed by what's happened in Sepang. I'm moreover a bike enthusiast. We can be both without beeing some "mindless" people. Those who says that are usually Rossi's haters. Not sure that's better...

Simoncelli got a ride-through for involuntarily taking out Pedrosa. A DSQ was due, and we all know that any other rider would have been DSQ.
Yes, Rossi in hand in glove with Don Carmelo. Everyone should know this. The reason is simple: a big chunk ( someone even estimates over 50% ) of the Dorna income comes from Rossi ( but this of course doesn't justify Dorna for blatantly favouring Rossi during all these years ).
Yes, there are Rossi haters, because he brought the fanboys disease to the sport. The difference is that Rossi was never booed or abused by fans of other riders.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Docfumi

I hope to see Stoners' return as a full time rider, givin' the new ECU and Michelin tyres it could
be a real blast. I read that the bikes are now a bit more too the old school style a lot more is control
is back in the riders hands and not the computer. I watch the two days of testing and all the riders
are very close on the time sheets with guys like Maverick Viñales and Loris Baz making big steps forward.

I think having Casey back on track is cool for racing but then again some poor kid with great potential is
set by the waste side  to make room for a Cash Cow rider that slagged off the sport and quit. It's time for
guys like Zarco and Rins along with Scott Redding and Smith to get a chance at making Moto GP History.

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

HornetMaX

As David Emmett said in his article (https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/11/09/2015_valencia_sunday_motogp_round_up_how.html) "Is Rossi bigger than the sport ?".

Honestly, when you realize that he has a team in moto3, heavy sponsoring contracts with the pay-tv that diffuses motogp races in italy (sky) and, to top it off, that his own company manages the merchandising of many other motogp riders (including marquez, until yesterday) ... well ... it's a bit too much maybe. It gets uncomfortable and it raises questions.

Docfumi

Really thought we could stay on Stoner, but it always goes to shit around here.  >:(
(DROPS MIC AND WALKS OFF FORUM)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Docfumi on November 11, 2015, 11:34:06 PM
I think having Casey back on track is cool for racing but then again some poor kid with great potential is
set by the waste side  to make room for a Cash Cow rider that slagged off the sport and quit. It's time for
guys like Zarco and Rins along with Scott Redding and Smith to get a chance at making Moto GP History.

Recommended read:
http://www.amazon.com/Pushing-Limits-Casey-Stoner/dp/1409129217
;)

Big Bradley fan here.
Every race I blame god ( or fate or whatever ) for giving so much talent to Rossi and not enough to Smith :P

Napalm Nick

aha! we have something in common! woohoo.

So now am I a Bradley Fanboy or a PiBoSo fanboy?  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

RiccoChicco

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2015, 11:29:42 PM

Simoncelli got a ride-through for involuntarily taking out Pedrosa. A DSQ was due, and we all know that any other rider would have been DSQ.
Yes, Rossi in hand in glove with Don Carmelo. Everyone should know this. The reason is simple: a big chunk ( someone even estimates over 50% ) of the Dorna income comes from Rossi ( but this of course doesn't justify Dorna for blatantly favouring Rossi during all these years ).
Yes, there are Rossi haters, because he brought the fanboys disease to the sport. The difference is that Rossi was never booed or abused by fans of other riders.

Supersic took this ridethrough because he was responsible at 100% of the Pedrosa's crash. In the Rossi/Marquez incident, both were responsible. Rossi started but Marquez finished all of this sequence of bad moves.

About the Dorna income it's true, but looking at the fact, Rossis didn't seem to be advantaged (and I'm 100% for that) as a rider. He's riding like every rider. Compared to that, Marquez had a lot of things to do what he wants : modified rules, very few penaltys compared to what he has done, etc.

To conclude, as Max says, every rider has fanboys but due to Rossi's popularity it's seems that all stupid people watching MotoGP are Rossi fans. Rossi never booed by fans of other riders? Did you already heard about Max Biaggi? ;D

@MaX

You never saw me in a Dainese shop  ;D ;D ;D

@Doc

Yup, Bradley's definitely in my top 5 riders in the paddock. This guy made a lot compared to the hope on him when he arrived in MotoGP. Probably the most talented rider when you remove the 4 fantastics.

About Zarco, I really hope he's gonna get a good bike (at least a Tech 3) when he'll come to MotoGP.

PiBoSo

November 12, 2015, 12:08:16 AM #25 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:12:58 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: RiccoChicco on November 11, 2015, 11:51:54 PM
Supersic took this ridethrough because he was responsible at 100% of the Pedrosa's crash. In the Rossi/Marquez incident, both were responsible. Rossi started but Marquez finished all of this sequence of bad moves.

About the Dorna income it's true, but looking at the fact, Rossis didn't seem to be advantaged (and I'm 100% for that) as a rider. He's riding like every rider. Compared to that, Marquez had a lot of things to do what he wants : modified rules, very few penaltys compared to what he has done, etc.

Simoncelli was responsible, but it was a riding accident during an overtake.
Rossi was not only responsible, but he also did it on purpose!

Sure Marquez had a minor rule changed for him ( the rookie rule ), but Rossi had something much bigger changed for him:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2007/october/oct0307motogpbridgestoneblamevalentinorossiforonemaketyre/
Rossi is so powerful within MotoGP that he's above tyre manufacturers!

And let's not forget that Rossi had tyres made specifically for him:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58480

In conclusion, as already written, there is a difference between fanboys and fans  :)

Blackheart

Quote from: Blackheart on November 11, 2015, 11:18:14 PM
The Rossi "fanboy" are quite objective... the haters they are not... still talk about a invisible kick  ???

PiBoSo

Quote from: Guimengo on November 12, 2015, 06:39:04 AM
A fanboy is someone whom you cannot argue for they are extremely biased and cannot accept facts.

Anyway. PiBoSo, why aren't you speaking of all the benefits given to Márc since his Moto2 days? His aggressiveness reminded everyone of a young Rossi and he injected new blood into the sport. Simoncelli got penalized and it may have been harsh but the issue being what about the ongoing decisions the past 2 years? Well, that plays a huge factor on decisions made recently. Why scrutinize certain folks so much but not others? Why penalize Rossi beyond the recent standards?

For sure a double standard was used for Marquez and Simoncelli. However, they probably were too hard on Sic, and not the other way around.

To return to the topic, again the biography of Stoner is highly recommended, to have another point of view on his career.

Blackheart

November 12, 2015, 11:22:02 AM #28 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:16:18 PM by Blackheart
Buy the biography of a driver who hates another riders? ... Never, not a sportsman has not been able to lose (and he has lost on the track ...)

Not to forget that "man" is Stoner:

Stoner (smiling): "How's your shoulder? Is it okay?"

Rossi (helmet still on): "I'm very sorry."

Stoner: "Okay. You have some problem with your shoulder?"

Rossi: "I make a mistake"

Stoner: "Yeah. Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent."

Rossi: "Eh?"

Stoner: "Ambition is more than the talent."

Rossi: "I'm very sorry."

Stoner: "No problem."

I do not know what sort of drugs used Stoner ... but I want to try them!  ;D

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Guimengo on November 12, 2015, 06:39:04 AM
A fanboy is someone whom you cannot argue for they are extremely biased and cannot accept facts.

Anyway. PiBoSo, why aren't you speaking of all the benefits given to Márc since his Moto2 days? His aggressiveness reminded everyone of a young Rossi and he injected new blood into the sport. Simoncelli got penalized and it may have been harsh but the issue being what about the ongoing decisions the past 2 years? Well, that plays a huge factor on decisions made recently. Why scrutinize certain folks so much but not others? Why penalize Rossi beyond the recent standards?
+1 Guimengo. I appreciate your substantiated and balanced opinions here very much.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------