• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:14:06 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Rossi? Marquez? Who cares!

Started by PiBoSo, November 11, 2015, 01:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJS209

November 13, 2015, 02:30:45 PM #45 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:32:17 PM by JJS209
Quote from: Guimengo on November 13, 2015, 08:01:53 AM
I don't know if I've followed F1 for too many years or other racing but it seems like some people want a supremely severe punishment for someone who just went wide on a corner.
he was not going wide, 46 wanted to go wide and push 93 out.
no sportsman does things like that, neither a real man would. he really must have big problems with himself.

compare rossis pace after and before the incident, it was simply no possible for rossi to catch a podium place in that race.
after he noticed his shitpace (sourrounded by marc), his egoproblems came around the corner and we all know how it ended.

good point to "change" the opponents for another look at the situation, would be interesting to hear what the fanboys of both camps would had said.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Guimengo on November 13, 2015, 08:03:05 PM
Unfortunately sometimes it is impossible to maintain a discussion or bring up new points when the other party isn't willing to accept.
+1  ::)

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 13, 2015, 09:47:18 AM
Just ask yourself: if roles were reversed, if it was Marquez pushing Rossi out wide intentionally and ending his race, then would you say a penalty like "Marquez keep his 3rd place but starts last in the next race" would have been fair ?
To be honest: yes! That is exactly the point: It doesn't matter to me who is being penalized, everybody should be treated the same (and the discussions around here would be easier if everybody felt the same). I am not even a particular Rossi fan. I do like him, but not more than I do like Iannone, Smith, Vinales (or Marquez pre-Valencia). What exactly a fair penalty is, probably is hard to decide in this case anyhow. But I am always in favor of penalizing after the race whatever the penalty may be.

Quote from: JJS209 on November 13, 2015, 02:30:45 PM
compare rossis pace after and before the incident, it was simply no possible for rossi to catch a podium place in that race.
This argument is so weak... Not sure if you even realize this.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

Like F1, all racing should be banned as a total 'too-many-rules-so-nobody-dares-overtake 'bore-fest'.  Just have 2 hours of Superpole qualifying. Fastest lap wins. Sorted.

Yours sincerely,
Bernie & Dorna
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Penalizing after the race is OK to me too (even if in some cases it could create an even bigger mess).
So in the end it boils down to: what is the proper penalty for a rider that takes an utterly unusual trajectory at an utterly unusual speed in the declared intent to "slow down" an opponent (if not pushing him on the grass) and watching him in the eyes twice while doing all that.

To me it's a DQ: immediately if the situation is crystal clear, after the race if they want to play it safe, have more time, hear the riders etc.
And that no matter who's the rider, the standing in the championship, if we're talking bikes or cars, ...

You don't DQ that, somebody else may do it in the future ... maybe on the last race of the season, where a potential "next race you start from the back" penalty means little.