• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:39 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race | 3 Day event | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

RACE COUNTDOWN

3 DAY Event

An ambitious full race weekend programme. Put as much time on track practicing and qualifying as you like, with a limited amount of tyres over the 3 days - remembering to save a fresh set for the race!

Murasama GP1000 Cup Race @ A1 RING V2.1_NDS

18 Laps

RACE PROGRAMME:

LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES*** Friday      14:00 CET - Track open for 24 hour Practice session
Saturday  14:00 CET - Track open for 24 hour Qualification session
Sunday    14:00 CET - Track open for Warmup
               21:00 CET - RACE START

FAQ:
Q. Can I just turn up for the race?
A. NO a whitelist will be put in force at the end of qualification to prevent those people from joining, "who just turn up for the race and crash into everyone at the first corner then leave". To race you must have a top 24 time in qualifying and have completed a 'LOT' of laps total in either practice or qualifying. If there are a lot more people than 24 then a second race will be planned. :)

Q. Why is each session 24 Hours?
A. To get the biggest spread of people to have a go as possible.

Q. How will the server be 'kept alive' when there is no-one on it?
A. Our good friend The Clerk of the Course will oversee it.

Q. What if I cheat and I'm the only one on track
A. Our good friend The Clerk of the Course will see it.

Q. I cannot be on the track for 57 hours!
A. You put as much time into practice and qualification as you like, when you like. ::)

Q. I cannot make the Race on a Sunday  :(
A. Sign up anyway, if there are enough people we will hold another race using the SAME qualification results later in the week.  :)

Q. What can go wrong?
A. Lots, mainly a GPBOC server internet outage during qualifying, but the stability for this was tested at Imola prior to B8 so fingers crossed. If something goes wrong we will endeavour to race at the stated time anyway with a "Luck dip grid position".

More to follow as questions come up.

Please sign up (name and number) if you would like to take part.  :)

Rider List (max 50)(just to give us an idea of the amount of people interested)
1. Napalm Nick  #68
2. Dareaper       #47
3. matty0l215    #61
4. Meyer            #12
5. Hawk             #7
6. R1rossi          #34
7. Boerenlater    #36
8. BOBR6           #84
9. Jorge             #17
10. Toomes        #71
11. Blackheart    #22
12. PeterV          #45
13. vin97           #8
14. David "Gonzo" Boda #46
15. JJS209         #28
16. maLve         #87
17. nuovaic        #53
18. DoubleDragon #63
19. Davide74       #58
20. Adalgood       #24

PS: If The Clerk of the Course leaves or is not present when you are on server please PM me immediately so I can get her ass back there before the server empties!

Tyre Guide

Trouble joining?? Try this...
Quote from: Blackheart on February 20, 2016, 12:34:05 AM
Guys have put bandwidth to "high"? With "low" is impossible join online!

RACE COUNTDOWN
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dareaper46

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

1st post updated with a visual tyre guide.

First 24 hour Practice session starts in ten minutes
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Start times will be changing due to an unforeseen circumstance will post when known

Hawk

I don't know just how much time I'll be able to practice as I'll be working on a couple of projects over the weekend, but sign me up and I'll just have to wing it into the top 24 hopefully. Lol  ;D

Hawk #7

Meyer#12

i Think you missed my post Nick! :P

I AM IN!!!! you know the name and number :D
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

LOL sorry I have been sucked into a server code problem not seen in B7...I will sort that out sharpish Danish  ;)

Meyer#12

Great haha! just wanted to make sure you see i am in for first race of B8 :P

Looking forward to testing later on, will do A LOT of laps i guess haha :D
Meyer#12

MMA Clerk of the Course

February 19, 2016, 01:03:24 PM #10 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:05:17 PM by MMA Clerk of the Course

RACE CONTROL MESSAGE:

Reminder
24 Hour Practice Session has now started GOOD LUCK

Please remember LIMITED TYRES!
I probably won't speak on the server but I am looking out for your safety.

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

I can't get online. Keep getting "Connection Timeout" error message each time I try to connect.  :'(

OMG! I hope I'm not slipping into the cannot use GPB online category because of connection problems??? This is happening on other servers too, though if I keep trying I can get on only one other right now.  :o :'( :'(

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

can you add me so i can do some laps? not sure i can make the races..