• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:30:22 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race | 3 Day event | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Okay so, I have had 4 laps on A1 Ring and the only completed 1 lap, I did it with default setup and Q tires and it was a terrible 1.46 :( so I want to ask how many laps do tires normally last as I have to practice a lot? Sorry but I never rode on this track before today.

Thanks for any help

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JJS209

nuovaic

I'm in for race. Really enjoying this beta!
I do think quite a lot will not be able to connect on race night, including me. Hope I'm wrong though

nuovaic

DD don't use q tyres until you got it honed. They last 2 laps max,

Napalm Nick

You will get 30 laps out of a set of Hard Tyres at this track. Depending on your style, setup and speed the front will probably wear its middle away first, and the rear will wear more on the right than anything so an Assymetrical S-H rear is a good option.

For fuel, depending on style, gearing ratios and right wrist you should be able to get 30 laps out of a full tank (24 litres).

Hope that helps,  as for other tyres I do not know yet  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: nuovaic on February 20, 2016, 05:58:35 PM
I'm in for race. Really enjoying this beta!
I do think quite a lot will not be able to connect on race night, including me. Hope I'm wrong though

I fear you may be correct and especially if people cause a jump start. Lets try to keep restarts to NONE!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

nuovaic

You need a simple rule, either no restarts whatsoever, or a limit on how many get booted at race start for whatever reason, before a restart is deemed acceptable. I'd say no more than 1/4.

doubledragoncc

February 20, 2016, 06:12:59 PM #82 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:24:57 PM by doubledragoncc
Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 20, 2016, 06:01:05 PM
You will get 30 laps out of a set of Hard Tyres at this track. Depending on your style, setup and speed the front will probably wear its middle away first, and the rear will wear more on the right than anything so an Assymetrical S-H rear is a good option.

For fuel, depending on style, gearing ratios and right wrist you should be able to get 30 laps out of a full tank (24 litres).

Hope that helps,  as for other tyres I do not know yet  ;)

Thanks for the tips Nick.

DD

Edit: I forgot to say that 2 out of the 4 laps I got a core crash just running over the tarmac on the right of the pic on the first straight after the pits.

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Sounds like there could be a small gap between the tarmac and the track surface DD - that will always cause a core.exe if you hit it at the right, or wrong angle.  ;)

It's not a track I have source files for or permissions to alter, so not a lot I can do to help. Best thing to do would be to PM the track author about it.  :)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

February 20, 2016, 06:48:21 PM #84 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:50:35 PM by doubledragoncc
Just thought it best to say here today as it is being used.

DD

I may as well sign up #63 if I can. Not raced online since 2010!!! So if I am tooooooo slow or a problem kick my ass back to the pits and I will just drink beer lol

Napalm Nick

Quote from: nuovaic on February 20, 2016, 06:08:19 PM
You need a simple rule, either no restarts whatsoever, or a limit on how many get booted at race start for whatever reason, before a restart is deemed acceptable. I'd say no more than 1/4.

You are right, in the club races we have a 3 restart maximum to ensure as many people get a race as possible but this will have to be tougher. If only one or two core the race must go on. I have the server set to record the qualifying session results so having the race again another time for any who miss out is not a problem.

PeterV

Vracing
Skin(s) GP1000
(there in the paint database)

PeterV #45
Bike: Vracing PeterV #45
Helmet:[Arai RX 7 GP]OC_PeterV#45

Nuovaic #53
Bike: Vracing Nuovaic #53
Helmet: ?

Toomes1

Quote from: PeterV on February 20, 2016, 09:47:14 PM
Vracing
Skin(s) GP1000
(there in the paint database)

PeterV #45
Bike: Vracing PeterV #45
Helmet:[Arai RX 7 GP]OC_PeterV#45

Nuovaic #53
Bike: Vracing Nuovaic #53
Helmet: ?

The cold turkey crew live on then.

JJS209

i really have problems to connect to the server. first time i have problems like this.
tryed at least 9 times to connect when there were 10 players on it. no chance, always get a "connetction timeout" or it just stops loading and idles in "connected..."-window.

Blackheart

February 20, 2016, 10:33:20 PM #89 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:45:08 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: JJS209 on February 20, 2016, 10:13:11 PM
i really have problems to connect to the server. first time i have problems like this.
tryed at least 9 times to connect when there were 10 players on it. no chance, always get a "connetction timeout" or it just stops loading and idles in "connected..."-window.

Me too, with timeout connection message I had to reboot the PC and later I had no more problems. U can try this way :-\

P.S. Unfortunately with the default setup, I can not ride well, my best time was 1:29, someone give me a good setup! I have big problems in all sectors, I like the track but I go very badly here!  :-[