• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:53:16 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Need people for a new bikes set

Started by Blackheart, May 15, 2016, 08:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 21, 2016, 07:33:35 PM
Long live Buttercup Grimm

DD

Got it all back home, gonna be bolting everything together along side my 'blade build. Might actually have an engine map for the 'blade soon too! Would be cool to have a second map that is a replica of a jetted and exhaust (as well as an airbox mod) bike that I actually own and runs high end parts that make a true difference...

Maybe even get some sound samples from my bike, if there is a certain way to do it that would make it easy for someone to turn my samples into actual sound in GP Bikes... what is required for that? Blackheart might want to model an aftermarket pipe in a later version of the bike if I could get a full Erion Racing system captured in high def sound. I'm pretty sure I have the capability to do all that too... would it entail holding rev at a certain point in the RPM range? Should it be done under load? I can experiment with mic placement and use it in an actual sound cancelling dyno room so there is no echo and it can replicate load in gear at speed. Just a thought. I'm all for measuring things in weight and distribution as well, I don't have bodywork on mine (naked monster) but if you want accurate suspension weights I can grab them pretty easy being I have it right in the shop 20 steps out my front door.

Warlock

YES PLEASE  :)

All you said is what is needed, no echo , no dyno sound, no cooling fan sound, steady holding revs at diferent points (please take notes of what revs you are holding, lets say idle, 2000, 5000, 8000, 11000, 14000) and for sure under load.
not sure if its possible to do off throttle under load too, would be awesome to get a steady off throttle.
The more samples you can get the better.
Been waiting for something like this for years  ,  this will tell us the capabilities of gpb sound engine. 8)

doubledragoncc

Sounds great Grimm.

I hope Blacky makes a Naked bike set with custom made bikes like the Blade and Gixxer etc etc. I love Streetfighters.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

For the sounds if u you can get good samples, certainly Warlock can help you with this.  :)

For now I made an temporary easy exhaust model, I can easily replicate it with another model.

grimm

Quote from: Warlock on May 22, 2016, 05:06:44 AM
YES PLEASE  :)

All you said is what is needed, no echo , no dyno sound, no cooling fan sound, steady holding revs at diferent points (please take notes of what revs you are holding, lets say idle, 2000, 5000, 8000, 11000, 14000) and for sure under load.
not sure if its possible to do off throttle under load too, would be awesome to get a steady off throttle.
The more samples you can get the better.
Been waiting for something like this for years  ,  this will tell us the capabilities of gpb sound engine. 8)

Would have to schedule up dyno time for samples at a later date (and get a really good dyno print off), but for now, I can go out to a smooth road and isolate the mic on the tail section out of any other interfering noise, near the exhaust and get some really clean samples under load. On and off throttle are easily done, just gotta make sure the sound is clean before I pack up and head back home. As far as it goes with sound, is there a certain type I should be recording under? WAV, MP3, etc.?

Also, once the bike warms up, roll off tends to have some spectacular after fires (creating loud pops and bangs) so I am assuming that off throttle will produce some serious noise, I can play with throttle input to keep it from dumping loads of unburned fuel if it helps keep the sound clean. Otherwise it'll sound like a vintage F1 car on roll off. Might mess with the audio looping? Unless that is a desired part of the sound sample to have the pops and bangs that go with a top end tuned carb set.  :)

Warlock

Quote from: grimm on May 22, 2016, 03:08:54 PM
Would have to schedule up dyno time for samples at a later date (and get a really good dyno print off), but for now, I can go out to a smooth road and isolate the mic on the tail section out of any other interfering noise, near the exhaust and get some really clean samples under load. On and off throttle are easily done, just gotta make sure the sound is clean before I pack up and head back home. As far as it goes with sound, is there a certain type I should be recording under? WAV, MP3, etc.?

Also, once the bike warms up, roll off tends to have some spectacular after fires (creating loud pops and bangs) so I am assuming that off throttle will produce some serious noise, I can play with throttle input to keep it from dumping loads of unburned fuel if it helps keep the sound clean. Otherwise it'll sound like a vintage F1 car on roll off. Might mess with the audio looping? Unless that is a desired part of the sound sample to have the pops and bangs that go with a top end tuned carb set.  :)

Best way is for sure a dyno run, as it can keep really fixed load (i guess). The minimal variation in load/revs will ruin the loop.
Off throttle on a road will never give a good loop for the same reason , variation in load/revs. 

Backfires could be nice too, after some edition to isolate them , could work.

Anyway i won't say no to any sample you can get , at least we could try something with real recorded sound. The most important thing is : clean and steady.
Wav files will be fine.

Thanks Grimm  ;)

grimm

May 22, 2016, 07:00:00 PM #37 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:01:54 PM by grimm
Quote from: Warlock on May 22, 2016, 06:37:30 PM
Best way is for sure a dyno run, as it can keep really fixed load (i guess). The minimal variation in load/revs will ruin the loop.
Off throttle on a road will never give a good loop for the same reason , variation in load/revs. 

Backfires could be nice too, after some edition to isolate them , could work.

Anyway i won't say no to any sample you can get , at least we could try something with real recorded sound. The most important thing is : clean and steady.
Wav files will be fine.

Thanks Grimm  ;)

Awesome! I'll get the dyno time scheduled up early this week, not sure when they will have an opening but I'm pretty sure my brother can pull some strings and see about getting it in fairly quick. Only reason I am not just getting ahold of one of the many shops with a dyno around here is that the one in particular that I am going to call has a really nice dyno room, and the owner and my late father go back about 30 years to their drag strip days, so I can be in the room to setup recording devices and ask for certain things from a run both up and down the rev's as it's not for a power measurement or a tuning session, just for the sole purpose of sound recording. I'm pretty sure Bill, Nick, and Fred (the crew that runs the shop) will be rather intrigued by why I want dyno time and have it done a certain way.  8)

If I remember right, the sound samples that are used for most sims split them up into constant loops, so if that is the case with GPB should the rev be held for a certain period of time at each RPM increment? Say, 5 seconds each, stepping up 500 or 1000rpm each time, that way the sound file can be split into separate parts that correspond with the designated sound loop? At least that's how it looks in the file structure on mod bikes I'm looking at. Never payed much attention to the sound files in GPB when messing around modding config files to change power and such. Pretty sure that's what you are saying, just want to be 100% sure on this. ;)

(A little OT from the CBR)
If this works out, and bringing proper sound recording to the table for mod bikes, I might be able to tap into some of the connections I have to get a decent library of properly recorded motorcycle sounds. Having the shop give me a shout if they are going to be running certain bikes (if we had a thread about this where requests could be made, as well as a group of us that could standardize how we record sound from a bike so as to make this available to modders) we could potentially, as a community, bring the most crisp and realistic sounds possible to a motorcycle sim.

Warlock

Great! a sound database would be great.
If this works, could be (hope) a dream of sounds, thx m8

Yes holding revs for 5-10 secs in steps of 1000-2000 rpm in only 1 wav file is pretty perfect, we can split them and will be better to get track of the rpm point (2000, 3000, 4000 etc) and not have a mess of multiple files.

First recording will be an experiment to define rev steps we need, holding time, mic setups, etc. So no rush yet, we must try and make a few .scl files to see what is better and how GPB sound engine and editing (cutting and converting them to mono) affects the original sound

Blackheart

I'm very curious!  :) It will definitely be a great job!

grimm

Talked to my brother, dyno time is going to be scheduled up as soon as possible, any run we want (meaning we can get what we need for sound samples) will be possible. I'll record some temporary sounds just for mic testing and send them to out so Warlock or Black can make them into something that works for a beta release. Going to spend some more time with the engine map in the morning, 10pm right now.

My deepest apologies for not getting to the engine map sooner, it's not for a lack of trying, just really busy with summer coming on, had to install a A/C in the master bedroom (upper part of my house) and every other moment is spent working on my bikes, or my classic cars, or just plain out handling the needs of home ownership. DD's seen my place, ain't small, and it takes a bit of effort to keep clean with two dogs, two cats, and 8 bikes, two trucks, and an entire life to deal with. Totally not putting this off due to anything other than necessity of my personal life. Again, my apologies for it taking so long. An engine map should only take 20 minutes to create, but I want this one to be "right" so it has a slight flat spot in the middle as per the dyno map, already, it feels fantastic and realistic. Just want enough sample points to call it finished proper. I'll surely be sending a link to Blackheart in the morning over coffee. ;)

Thanks for all of your patience with my delay on the engine map, seeing the preview video today really made me think I am behind the schedule by a long shot!  :-\

Meyer#12

This really looks like a promising project ;) looking forward to see the final results and follow the progress :)
Meyer#12

Blackheart

@Grimm

There is no hurry, I work on the mod only a few hours in the weekend, and are enough for good results  ;)

P.S. for the audio samples, better to send them to Warlock, the sound is not my field  ;D

grimm

Took a little more than I expected, and could be improved greatly, but for the time being, I've got the CBR900RR map to work, and it works well. Gearing that maxes out at 150mph turns this thing into a wheelie machine (just like mine on a large rear sprocket) and running it on tall gearing (max of 180 or so) it rips great top RPM wheelies in 1st gear (enough to get you over backward if you just keep it full throttle) and can clutch up a nice 2nd gear, but won't really loft one up just on the power alone (just like a filter, jetting, exhaust).

If the engine braking is too strong or too weak, maybe someone could have a poke around the files when a release happens, but for now I'm going to tidy up the stuff that needs to be done for the engine to work correctly and send it out as soon as I don't feel like there is much left for improvement. On to sounds next!  ;D

Blackheart

Project(s) are deleted.

Only the CBR will be completed, for respect at the Grimm work.