• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Need people for a new bikes set

Started by Blackheart, May 15, 2016, 08:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Meyer#12 on May 30, 2016, 07:07:02 PM
In the current state, offline practicing is much more frustrating than online practice and racing, as the slighest whole in the tracks will cause a core and on many tracks. It is impossible to go much more than few laps before cores happen.

i disagree..  :D i spend waaay more time offline with GPB than online.. just riding/testing and enjoying the dynamic surface!

this comes at a price though.. when i venture online everything feels different to what im used to. all the races i have entered online have gone badly for me one way or another hahahahahahaha  ;D

come on piboso get a fat loan or something.. ;D GPB could be spectacular, especially online with all the trimmings.. (dynamic surface, good replays, etc etc)

doubledragoncc

+1 Meyer

Offline is where I ALWAYS rode and had nothing but core after core!!!

Online it is far more stable and I love being on the track with you guys.

Yes it is a pain with how it is right now but we can only work with what we have so lets do our best.

Obviously over 20 bikes and all goes to shit so we need think about 2 races less bikes or something like that or 2 races where top 5 race in 3rd race, I dont know but some way to reduce cores.

With luck once Pib has fully released KRP things will change. Lets hope so.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

When krp It will be completed, probably start work full time on TTB.

gpb has for years the same problems.

doubledragoncc

If Pib does not finish a product we have paid for then I can see a lot of pissed off people and a total loss in faith for his products. I dont think he is that stupid. He HAS to finish GPB or there would be a lot of people NOT paying for TTB!!!

I think we just have to see what happens, after all, no matter what we want, we have no real control over what happens.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

Quote from: Blackheart on May 30, 2016, 07:15:02 PM
I agree, without a stable gpb and a good organization its a big waste of time.

Do you mean Nicks events haven't good organization?   (dont forget they are fun club races, not world championship)

I don't get it, in current GPB state you know for sure will be problems in races, YOU KNOW it, why do you race then?

Blackheart

May 30, 2016, 08:09:47 PM #65 Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:14:16 PM by Blackheart
What? I know the "problems", i know also the the Manu mod has huge textures and so need about 2 mins for load this with a core before the start... Who organizes the race should know this or not?

To us back on the track in 1 min (we probably have very good pc), the answer from the boss was an ironic?! "too late". So this is a bad organization imo.

P.S. I do not like your sarcasm here and in the other topic "warlock" so... I will avoid to answer you.

Napalm Nick

PS: I organized it (yet again cos no-one else ever bothers) but wasn't there and my number 2 couldn't get back in the server to be admin after the reset so something had to be done quick - nominating Matty who did his best.  No-one sees the half hour run up to an event where it is manic producing the lists, answering forum/checking stuff etc etc.

....And you think a 'reasonable' way to discuss this mistake (if it was) was to insult everyone and burn your projects. Nice moves mate.

Shame you did 50+ races before you realised the organization was too poor and game was too frustrating for you to bear.

I suppose a rational person might have explained the situation, asked if we could look at it, maybe re-run the race for those who missed out and make improvements, maybe even offer to help out with the admin.

But no , lets make a "penis" video, slag off the club organisation snidely at every possible chance and go on and on about it in lots of different threads.

Max's advice was very good advice - but only for people who aren't in control of their emotions / have false expectations.

Anyway. It is never too late to rebuild bridges as far as I am concerned. Everyone welcome at the shitty events (hahaha I am joking)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Kerazo

sorry but at the current state you have to have in mind that you could core out anytime, be it at the start or the last lap. and its the same for everyone. if you cannot stand that your race is ruined that you trained so hard for its better to not sign up. it was somewhat always like this and after a while you just learn to accept that.
my 2 cents

Meyer#12

Quote from: Kerazo on May 30, 2016, 08:37:36 PM
sorry but at the current state you have to have in mind that you could core out anytime, be it at the start or the last lap. and its the same for everyone. if you cannot stand that your race is ruined that you trained so hard for its better to not sign up. it was somewhat always like this and after a while you just learn to accept that.
my 2 cents

Agree! This is how the game is at the moment and we just have to do with that for now. None of us know how hard piboso is working (beside himself). I personally think he is doing a massive job! And maybe the Netcode problem or whatever it is, is just a much more tough nut to crack, than any of us realises and that is why it haven't been done. If Pib knew what causes our problems, i am pretty damn sure we would have a fix for it right now
Meyer#12

Warlock

Quote from: Blackheart on May 30, 2016, 08:09:47 PM
P.S. I do not like your sarcasm here and in the other topic "warlock" so... I will avoid to answer you.

-First, do you know what sarcasm is?,  :o ... i've been talking straight forward, nothing in the 'grey' zone, i can't be more clear.

-Second , you dont like my comments just because of the first reason above.

-third, you will avoid answer me  because you don't have mature arguments.  You don't answer me because you don't even understand what i'm trying to explain to you (also many others) , it seems you don't even read and analyze what we are trying to explain.

Am i clear enough now?  no sarcasm at all  ;)
You are talking with a 45 years old guy not a kid, i don't waste my time being sarcastic.

Last post on this subject, nothing more to add.

Blackheart

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 30, 2016, 08:30:24 PM
PS: I organized it (yet again cos no-one else ever bothers) but wasn't there and my number 2 couldn't get back in the server to be admin after the reset so something had to be done quick - nominating Matty who did his best.  No-one sees the half hour run up to an event where it is manic producing the lists, answering forum/checking stuff etc etc.

....And you think a 'reasonable' way to discuss this mistake (if it was) was to insult everyone and burn your projects. Nice moves mate.

Shame you did 50+ races before you realised the organization was too poor and game was too frustrating for you to bear.

I suppose a rational person might have explained the situation, asked if we could look at it, maybe re-run the race for those who missed out and make improvements, maybe even offer to help out with the admin.

But no , lets make a "penis" video, slag off the club organisation snidely at every possible chance and go on and on about it in lots of different threads.

Max's advice was very good advice - but only for people who aren't in control of their emotions / have false expectations.

Anyway. It is never too late to rebuild bridges as far as I am concerned. Everyone welcome at the shitty events (hahaha I am joking)

The real reason why I said stop with gpb It is what you wrote now. LIES

You said I insulted everyone > No, I have not insulted anyone.

You said I realized that the organization bad just now > No, I only spoke of this event.

You said I have talked about this in different threads > I only responded to the unmotivated attacks.

You said my "penis" video > It is a normal gpb vid, with an ironic title, half Italian, no offense inside.

You said too late to rebuild bridges > I have no problems with anyone and I will continue in this way.

The people write lies, as you did now. But this is part of a forum, to attack someone you need to use your imagination.  ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: Blackheart on May 30, 2016, 09:37:13 PM

You said I insulted everyone > No, I have not insulted anyone.

You said I realized that the organization bad just now > No, I only spoke of this event.

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 30, 2016, 07:45:00 PM
If Pib does not finish a product we have paid for then I can see a lot of pissed off people and a total loss in faith for his products. I dont think he is that stupid. He HAS to finish GPB or there would be a lot of people NOT paying for TTB!!!
+1

Napalm Nick

Yeh yeh Blacky, whatever helps you sleep at night eh.

So by your own admittance the organisation is so terrible just because of one event and deserves all the shit you are throwing.

Actually I said it was not too late to build bridges which means forget it and lets move on together like before, like adults.

Maybe instead of taking every comment as a personal attack and retaliating with more insults you could think about where YOU went wrong for a change/how your comments are interpreted - are they representative of what you are trying to say ?

Anyway it is all your problem to deal with however you best see fit, which I expect will be more of the same. Bring it on, then we can drag this forum down to the levels seen in other Pib forums. Well done mate.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 30, 2016, 07:04:58 PM
Just out of interest, how much time do you spend riding in GP Bikes in a week?
Close to zero. Because since beta4, there's little point in making any effort to organize and join online races: online, at the moment, does not work. It doesn't. Really.
And yes, I raced quite a bit on old betas, before Matty and GuiGui even joined. So the advice comes from there.

I'm not criticizing the ones that do make the effort, I'm just saying that all this is to be expected.
You can do your best (dedi server with good bandwidth, nds track, stable tracks and bikes, whatever), but it's not gonna work.
So frustration is to be expected. Don't want frustration ? Don't race online. Do hotlap, offline, mods, whatever.

Of course I'm not saying people are entitled to scream because they core.exe'd once after training for 2 weeks.
Given the current status of online, they should not have trained for 2 weeks in the first place or they should have taken the core.exe on their chin, as we all do form time to time.

P.S.
I do think that core.exe crash was just a semi-instant karma thing for chosing to create a Kawa z1000 :P :P :P