• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:37:33 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Tracks and corners to test front-end stability

Started by davidboda46, May 27, 2016, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

I would also like each 'assist' to be selectable too on the server.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 29, 2016, 12:02:43 PM
It should be an option even not in hardcore mode.

DD

I agree DD. I took it that with all the server settings Peter showed available in his post then that would be possible anyway.  ;)

Agree also that all bike "Assists" should be selectable via server settings too.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

The only aid I think is realistically a need for most riders as it is hard enough controlling the bike and that is rider lean. I know it is not right in many ways but it is the one compromise I think is needed until we all grow another hand to control the riders body.

I am working on ideas but it is a hard thing to implement correctly on a set of handlebars and yes I did use thumbsticks on an older system but it is awkward to get them in a good position to also use the levers properly.

I still think a modded EdTracker would be the best rider body controller.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

May 29, 2016, 06:27:37 PM #49 Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 07:00:27 PM by vin97
man, wtf, give me a chance to catch up with you lol

Quote from: doubledragonccI do not understand HOW, you can tell me that if I sit in front of my screen and lean all the way to the LEFT while I am going round a fast RIGHT curve it will feel realistic and look realistic!!!!!!!!!!!  FFS, do that in real life and you will end up in hospital and it is 100% the wrong fucking action!!!! And my handlebars are now leaning in the totally opposite angle to the bike on the screen!!! Right, that is so realistic because it is counter steering.............................FFS I am NOT using a gamepad so I REALLY FEEL it is WRONG!!!

the biggest problem is that the reality of it all is that while riding a real bike at speed, you are HARDLY moving the handlebars at all!!! It is such a small amount of movement that to have it the same in a sim would make the input so sensitive that it would be almost impossible to control. To make it work you would need to have the steering work on pressure via load cells etc to be able to have only a small movement with a larger input range and it would still be so sensitive to make it very hard to use. I have tried dude lol.

If you want to use DST with real controls you have to start spending a lot of money.
The problem is that with your handlebar controller you are steering the bike on the leaning axis, which then leads to completely wrong behaviour with DST.
It's not the game that's unrealistic (it uses real forces), it's your controller, sorry DD :D
You need an actual steering axis (perpendicular to the lean axis) with electric motors pushing against your steering inputs to simulate realistic behaviour.
My suggestion is starting to make sense now, right? :P

Quote from: doubledragonccI dont crash as much because I can really feel that I am leaning to far, because I AM actually leaning, not pushing my thumbstick 0.76mm too far!!!

If Piboso and the bike mod guys make it that you can ride as fast as you want, lean as much as you want and not crash, then you might as well be riding in MotoGP or RIDE from Milestone because it would be an ARCADE GAME!!!.
This is why I feel that a lot of this "The bike is wrong, the sim is wrong I crash all the time" is BS. If you try to ride past the technical limit of the bike/sim, you will crash and it does not mean either of them are wrong. Too many people blame GPB and the bikes when a lot of it is them being better off in a bloody arcade game where they can ride and not crash!!!

Everyone screams "I WANT IT REALISTIC" but when it comes to reality of riding in GPB they want to be the fastest and never crash like in MotoGP etc!!! Aint gonna happen until they realize that having it realistic means that maybe they are not as quick and as good at riding as they want to think they are.

So............as soon as GPB becomes realistic and so are the bikes, they crash all the time, not because the bikes or the sim is wrong, but because NOW they have to ride properly and are not getting away with mistakes like they were before!!!

I find GPB and the bike feel far more realistic than they ever have and I crash far less, but at the same time, other riders are now complaining they crash more!!!................Think about it.
First of all, many crash due to the rider fall off bug which is obviously completely unrealistic and stupid behaviour.
Secondly, the virtual rider has the task of feeling the limit of the tyres because it's impossible to get that kind of feedback visually or from a gamepad and again if you want to be in charge of finding the lean angle limit, you need to use direct-steer. Sadly direct-steer doesn't seem to work with your handlebar controller, so either build one with a real steering axis or get used to the way it is.

Quote from: doubledragonccMaybe you should start to think more about how you are actually controlling you bike in GPB instead of automatically blaming the sim or the bike.
Who are you talking to here, DD?

Quote from: doubledragonccIf I push it I can ride as fast, but I will crash more, so I slow it to where I dont crash and get to build my speed slowly but steadily without crashing. I think that is far more realistic than just being the fastest and always crashing.
Quote from: Hawk on May 29, 2016, 10:26:34 AMAs Kenny Roberts says: A rider will only ride at 95% of his limits most of the time and only push it to 100% of his limits when he feels he has to and then only for 3-4 laps at most before reverting back to 95% of his limits or your going to crash at some stage.
Me and most other guys are riding like that in a race. We are never fully on the limit in races unless we are very comfortable (which is rarely the case on most tracks) or somebody is directly in front or behind making you push more.

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 29, 2016, 12:13:39 PM
I would also like each 'assist' to be selectable too on the server.
+1

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 29, 2016, 12:49:40 PM
The only aid I think is realistically a need for most riders as it is hard enough controlling the bike and that is rider lean. I know it is not right in many ways but it is the one compromise I think is needed until we all grow another hand to control the riders body.

I am working on ideas but it is a hard thing to implement correctly on a set of handlebars and yes I did use thumbsticks on an older system but it is awkward to get them in a good position to also use the levers properly.
What about my idea of a sensor mat you put onto your seat that lets you control the rider movement in a 2D plane by 'pivoting' your body on your ass?