• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 10:11:39 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Tracks and corners to test front-end stability

Started by davidboda46, May 27, 2016, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Thought it might be good to have a list of corners that we know are problematic for the front end, so maybe they can be used as guidelines?

I can start:
Barcelona - corners 1,2 and 7,8. Impossible to take the correct line with high/full lean.
Mugello corners 1 and 8,9. Impossible to take the correct line with high/full lean. Also have "rider-eject" problem in turn 8 if you run close to the kerb. 

Feel free to contribute if you think this is a good idea.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

It would also be very helpful if the bike being used at the time was "Stated" too.  ;)

Hawk.

Blackheart

May 27, 2016, 12:02:34 PM #2 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:07:28 PM by Blackheart
There are not impossible corners. So a list is useless.  ::)

doubledragoncc

And you have riders like me that crash at all corners lol.

But really, it is a rider thing as much as the bike so not really an easy thing to judge by people saying they crash at a corner.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Have you got the Max lean angle right on that bike Blacky? 61 Deg+ seems a lot for a street bike don't you think?  :)

Yeah... I thought this was going to be a list of problem corners so that bike and track modders could pinpoint which tracks and bikes had issues other than latent GPB core issues? Could be useful.  ;)

Hawk.

Blackheart

Hawk this bike was just a test for the rider fall-off problem, it's a motogp lean angle this.

Vini

May 27, 2016, 04:23:18 PM #6 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:13:25 PM by vin97
+1, blackheart.

more corners where the rider eject thing happens (not counting riding over curbs because that happens everywhere): vallelunga (turn 3&4), portimao (last turn), suzuka (turn 5 & 7), magneycours (turn 2), mugello (turn 8 ) ...

will add some more later on

BOBR6 84

portimao last turn as vin said.. lap killer. any bike..

Lots of other turns/tracks too as we know because of the up/downhill dodgeyness.. although some bikes do cope with it - still ''looks'' shit.

davidboda46

I test with the MotoGP bike-set. Mostly with the Honda because I find it to be the most stable on the front.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

doubledragoncc

As a learner in online racing I recommend the RC213V as you say david it is very stable and easier to get on with.

I think many forget that just because they want to go faster through a corner does not mean you can. There is a limit and we have to learn where it is. Many blame the bikes far too quickly in my mind. Being able to do your quickest lap ONCE can be simply luck and not a lap that is going to be a constant lap time. Many complain about crashing to much, well maybe your just pushing the bike past its limits for now and need to learn to ride within that limit more than over it.

I know many want to WIN, but I actually prefer to come in tenth with 100% no crashes and therefore more fun and feeling of success than if I was third and crashed all the time but could get up quick to keep my place.

In real life, you crash and your OUT!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 28, 2016, 08:16:32 AM
As a learner in online racing I recommend the RC213V as you say david it is very stable and easier to get on with.

I think many forget that just because they want to go faster through a corner does not mean you can. There is a limit and we have to learn where it is. Many blame the bikes far too quickly in my mind. Being able to do your quickest lap ONCE can be simply luck and not a lap that is going to be a constant lap time. Many complain about crashing to much, well maybe your just pushing the bike past its limits for now and need to learn to ride within that limit more than over it.

I know many want to WIN, but I actually prefer to come in tenth with 100% no crashes and therefore more fun and feeling of success than if I was third and crashed all the time but could get up quick to keep my place.

DD

+1000  ;)

Well said DD!  ;D

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 28, 2016, 08:16:32 AM

DD

+1000

Totally agree DD!
Meyer#12

BOBR6 84

Vini

that is not the purpose of the virtual rider, dd.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on May 28, 2016, 01:21:03 PM

that is not the purpose of the virtual rider, dd.

Surely your not suggesting that the VR is there to totally stop you crashing the bike no matter how hard you push it Vin?  :-\

Hawk.