• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[Old] Suter MMX500 v. 1.3 (Beta 14)

Started by Italian Mod Team, January 06, 2018, 08:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian Mod Team

January 07, 2018, 07:42:19 AM #15 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:46:03 PM by Italian Mod Team
Quote from: Nicotine on January 07, 2018, 06:54:16 AM
Thanks for great bike IMT

thx

-------------------

Out of curiosity someone try this file:

And check as works the front now.

P.S. Its not a official update.

Wimp #97

I like the bike lol, idk what all the hate is about. Brakes can be fixed or improved with some setup changes. People just find it difficult because they ride other modded bikes a lot and on those you can sometimes just fully close the brake without flipping, on these you cant. Its different not better/worse just different, tbh more realistic because you don't slam the brake lever in real life.

The bike does feel a bit strange in the corners, not how you'd expect a 127kg bike to handle. That being said, the laptimes on this bike were still very fast so it can't be that slow... Maybe its more of a tyre/grip issue than bike issue? but idk how tyres work in this game.

I also tested the other .geom file. Bike doesn't change much apart from braking not as good(as late) as the original .geom but maybe that has more to  do with my setup. As I said I tested it very shortly. I'll test it a bit better later today.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

KG_03

Well no matter what this bike ride far mor better than in Ride 2. I bet its hard to make sucha complicated thing and its not easy to make everyone happy. For me it rides great and looks even better. I have lots of fun learning how to ride it. So once again thank you for your hard work.

Syd

Firstly, thank you for modding this bike!
I see no problem with the brakes.
I see no problem with the handling, is good.
The tyres are good, but if anything a little too good. I would be happier to have a bit less grip.

Engine characteristics does seem wrong though - I would expect this bike to have a powerband suited to the pipes, but it is so linear as if the expansion pipes are just straight tubes. Feels more like a 4 stroke. Riding in a straight line on half throttle, say 2nd or 3rd gear, the bike accelerates uniformly throughout the rev range. Pick the Cagiva and try the same thing - completely different. I know this bike is more manageable than the old 500s, but even Wayne Gardner says the Suter is still a hard bike to ride. This feels too easy.  If you change the engine characteristics to more of a 2 stroke powerband it will be a big improvement.

Thanks

MultiCOOLFRESH

So, I agree on Klippie, but not with how he said it. First of all: my problems are 1. the sound 2. the handling 3. the powerband
1. It sounds like a 125ccm. It should be way deeper from the sound and not so screaming. You could share the sound and we may take it for the Mito 125ccm ;)

2. The bike feels like a brick. It is pretty good at turning in, but still not as fast and light as you would expect from a bike, that weighs as much as a 125ccm 2 or 4 stroke. The worst problem is accerlating out of a corner. The bike just goes straight and does not want to turn. You really get wide and this will definetley not be the case in real life, I can not imagine.

3.It feels like a 4-stroke, even though I am not having such a huge problem with this, since the new MMX500 is so well made, that there is no power hole. Just give it a lil bit of a hole and then it should be nice.

Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Luponius

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on January 07, 2018, 11:14:11 AM
So, I agree on Klippie, but not with how he said it. First of all: my problems are 1. the sound 2. the handling 3. the powerband
1. It sounds like a 125ccm. It should be way deeper from the sound and not so screaming. You could share the sound and we may take it for the Mito 125ccm ;)

2. The bike feels like a brick. It is pretty good at turning in, but still not as fast and light as you would expect from a bike, that weighs as much as a 125ccm 2 or 4 stroke. The worst problem is accerlating out of a corner. The bike just goes straight and does not want to turn. You really get wide and this will definetley not be the case in real life, I can not imagine.

3.It feels like a 4-stroke, even though I am not having such a huge problem with this, since the new MMX500 is so well made, that there is no power hole. Just give it a lil bit of a hole and then it should be nice.

Thanks for the bike IMT! My feedback is that MCF's 2nd point best describes what I felt was happening.

It initiates turns ok.
Brakes also work great (20mm helped me) and this is kinda what I expect from braking on light bikes in the first place
I thought power was a bit underwhelming (Expected it to be a massive wheelie machine, not just a stoppie best! :P - but once again it was just my expectation, didn't base it on real life experience)

But throttle totally screws your turning capabilities.  I kept going really awkward lines and I couldn't figure out why.  Having read MCF's it seemed to click with me pretty accurately.

Also we gave Klipp a bit of a spanking on discord, he's still stubborn but we'll turn him into an obedient little sex slave in good time (I hope he reads this)  :P 8) ;D

doubledragoncc

So after reading some  comments got to add my 2cents

First off, thanks IMT great bike, love it

Right...........I an using the new Hs3 with hydraulic brakes and this bikes brakes are just right for a REAL braking system!!! If your using a gamepad the control input is VERY small and OVER sensitive compared to real controls. This bikes front brake is sharp BUT that is how it is IRL the brake hve to match how much power the bike has. I find with the Hs3 hydraulic brake it is spot on to use and feels real. Love it love it love it!!!

Handles fine so far but only set brake to 20mm all others are default.

Great work IMT and thankyou. It will be in next live stream.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

KG_03

I was riding today and I think that the brakes is just a matter of getting used to it. Comparing to other bikes the brakes in Suter feel to be so sharp. Today I started with fresh mind and it was good on stock set up :-)

Vini

January 07, 2018, 01:35:04 PM #23 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:38:56 PM by vini97
i agree that the sound is too high pitched and that the engine is too tame (both in terms of linearity and absolute power). the throttle is too easy to control IMO, wheelie and powerslide tendency needs to be much greater.

i see no problems with the brakes and the bike turns fine but as other people have mentioned you have to pick up the bike rather quickly in order to get a good corner exit.

maybe the chassis could use a bit more flex, though. might improve braking stability and slightly increase cornering speeds.

Italian Mod Team

Any feedback here is different...

Anyway klippie will be banned from any IMT servers.

Wimp #97

I will try to test geometry changes a bit better this evening and report back to you then.
Wimp #97

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: Wimp #97 on January 07, 2018, 04:25:01 PM
I will try to test geometry changes a bit better this evening and report back to you then.

Its not important, a (fake) fix for the braking stability, now the modders use this stuff for make the bike easer, we put realistic datas, but young boys as Kilippie, MultiCOOLFRESH, are the worst thing for GP Bikes with absurd feedbacks.

Wimp #97

January 07, 2018, 04:48:43 PM #27 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:05:45 PM by Wimp #97
Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 07, 2018, 04:30:59 PM
Quote from: Wimp #97 on January 07, 2018, 04:25:01 PM

Its not important, a (fake) fix for the braking stability, now the modders use this stuff for make the bike easer, we put realistic datas, but young boys as Kilippie, MultiCOOLFRESH, are the worst thing for GP Bikes with absurd feedbacks.

Aha ok, bike is already really fast as it is, doesn't need to be made faster/easier than it already is

i like the sound of realistic data :D as long as the data comes from a good/reliable source.
Wimp #97

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: Wimp #97 on January 07, 2018, 04:48:43 PM
Aha ok, bike is already really fast as it is, doesn't need to be made faster/easier than it already is.

i like the sound of realistic data :D as long as the data comes from a good/reliable source.

We know this  ;)

Anyway tires grip is the same of the other bikes, is tested to Victoria, Laguna Seca and Spa, and works very well, dunno in other tracks.

Italian Mod Team

Wimp or Vin pls a quicky bike test with this setting:

QuoteFrontLatDamping =   8.5

In the bike cgf.

Its just a little test for see the we have the same sensibility at the changes.