• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:04:15 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Suggestions and wishlist recap

Started by HornetMaX, January 19, 2014, 10:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Nice video Max! It can't be explained any simpler than that I feel.  ;)

Hawk.

tseklias

July 12, 2014, 05:09:45 PM #121 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:11:43 PM by tseklias
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 19, 2014, 10:31:06 PM
  • 2014/01/20: Bike max lean angle
    Description: changeable max lean angle for a bike: could be a bike property (i.e. up to the bike modder to fix it) or an in-game option (use at your own risk).

:D  thx max

HornetMaX

July 12, 2014, 05:35:52 PM #122 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:41:28 PM by HornetMaX
Quote from: tseklias on July 12, 2014, 05:09:45 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 19, 2014, 10:31:06 PM
  • 2014/01/20: Bike max lean angle
    Description: changeable max lean angle for a bike: could be a bike property (i.e. up to the bike modder to fix it) or an in-game option (use at your own risk).

:D  thx max

The above is old and, in fact, irrelevant (now that we know how the physics is described).
The max lean angle depends on the bike physics but it's not explicit (as on a real bike).

MaX.

P.S.
I wrote the recap a long time ago, at the time I was moderator here. Since then, I'm no longer in charge of that and I'm not sure anybody has been taking responsibility of maintaining the post updated. Some items (like the one you quoted) are no longer relevant.

tseklias

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 12, 2014, 05:35:52 PM
The above is old and, in fact, irrelevant (now that we know how the physics is described).
The max lean angle depends on the bike physics but it's not explicit (as on a real bike).

MaX.

P.S.
I wrote the recap a long time ago, at the time I was moderator here. Since then, I'm no longer in charge of that and I'm not sure anybody has been taking responsibility of maintaining the post updated. Some items (like the one you quoted) are no longer relevant.

??? i didnt quite understand this so who is responsible for the maintenance of this thread? and if pretty much nobody is and this is dead, why we keep discussing things here and we dont create a new one or update this? and what news you got and you say it depends on physics which are not explicit?

HornetMaX

Quote from: tseklias on July 12, 2014, 11:46:13 PM
??? i didnt quite understand this so who is responsible for the maintenance of this thread?
Likely, nobody. I can still edit the 1st post though, so technically I could keep it up to date. Willingness is lacking lately though. Utility of the post is also not that clear (personal opinion).

and if pretty much nobody is and this is dead, why we keep discussing things here and we dont create a new one or update this?
Anybody can create a new one, if they have the time/energy/knwoledge to manage it.

and what news you got and you say it depends on physics which are not explicit?
The news is that in the physics files, there's no max lean angle parameter. The max lean angle is computed in real time depending on the other physics parameters and the conditions at that moment (track conditions, tire conditions, dynamics conditions). Like on a real bike.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 11, 2014, 03:55:10 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 11, 2014, 03:03:54 PM
I think counter steering happens subconciously anyway..
That's right and explains why many do it without being aware.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 11, 2014, 03:03:54 PM
You dont turn the handlebars at all apart from slow speed..
But that's wrong. For sure you don't turn them at their max as when at very low speed (like 20 degree), but you do turn them. Usually not a lot (e.g. 3-5deg) but occasionally more. Can't pull some GPB telemetry right now but you definitely turn the
handlebars even at high speed.

MaX.

P.S.
For the ones still thinking you can (practically) lean only shifting your body: this video (just an extract) is pretty old and rather well known, but many may still find it interesting. Look how slowly the bike leans/turns when you're not actively using the handlebars.

http://www.youtube.com/v/4PbmXxwKbmA

MaX

yeah thats right..

all i meant was this usually happens as you move off the bike.. lets say lean left.. shift your ass over and as you drop down you are putting presure on the left bar. essentially pushing it away from the corner as described. you dont steer the bike in the direction you are going like you would at low speed is all i meant to say

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 13, 2014, 03:13:04 PM
yeah thats right..

all i meant was this usually happens as you move off the bike.. lets say lean left.. shift your ass over and as you drop down you are putting presure on the left bar. essentially pushing it away from the corner as described. you dont steer the bike in the direction you are going like you would at low speed is all i meant to say
Agree on that. The fact it happens almost "automagically" is what makes the fact unknown to most, leading to the wrong idea that they "turn with their body".

MaX.

tseklias

so will you Max keep this up-to-date? i mean not right now ofcourse but will you sometime? and if not do you remember which ones of your list are likely to be updated in the following updates and which are disagreed to be enabled by piboso so someone can create a new one or you give him the admin rights to continue on the existing?

HornetMaX

Quote from: tseklias on July 14, 2014, 12:47:21 PM
so will you Max keep this up-to-date? i mean not right now ofcourse but will you sometime? and if not do you remember which ones of your list are likely to be updated in the following updates and which are disagreed to be enabled by piboso so someone can create a new one or you give him the admin rights to continue on the existing?
I've updated some entries this morning (their status is in bold).

I can't give any admin right as I have none. Admin here is RiccoChicco (on top of Piboso, of course).

Given how useful the recap has been (for the benefits of newcomers, I'm being sarcastic here), I'm not extremely willing to spend time on it: most likely, it's just a pointless exercise.

On the other hand, I haven't seen any major suggestion/wish posted recently worth a note (but I may have missed some).

MaX.

RiccoChicco

I can't update each opened topic  :-[

But if someone needs a topic to be "Sticky", I can't do that if the original posters keeps it updated :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on July 14, 2014, 01:18:31 PM
I can't update each opened topic  :-[
That's strange, as I was able to (at the time).

MaX.

RiccoChicco

So add in the OP :

- Change moderator

I'm sorry, but I only update my own topics and "global" topics (unofficial guide for example). Other topics are under the responsabilty of the original poster.

It seems that I'm not the needed moderator anymore  :-\

HornetMaX

Uhmm, not sure I understand you right Ricco: do you mean you technically can't edit others' topics (which sounds strange to me) or that you don't have the time to manage other topics outside the ones you mentioned (which I would understand) ?

I wasn't criticizing what you do or don't do, my understanding of what you said was that you were technically unable to edit the wishlist post ...

MaX.

P.S.
Man, the whole atmosphere here is just depressing. No big news though ...

RiccoChicco

I can do it technically, but I don't have enough time (and moreover enough patience) to do that.

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 14, 2014, 01:35:55 PM
Man, the whole atmosphere here is just depressing. No big news though ...

Agree, I hope MXB will bring some fresh air.

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on July 14, 2014, 01:39:15 PM
I can do it technically, but I don't have enough time (and moreover enough patience) to do that.
OK, I have no problem with that, of course.

MaX.