• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:00 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Creating New Riders for Mod Bikes......

Started by Hawk, January 31, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I'm going to be creating bikes from the 1960's up to mid 1980's. Now the riders from those era's look different to the modern day riders of the modern era(talking about the leathers), in particular they didn't have the hump on their backs.
I'd like to create new riders for my Mod bikes; I presume it is possible to Mod riders and styles of riding(animation) just the same as it is possible to create and add Mod Bikes? I also presume that it would just be a case of replacing the mesh and animation files and then altering certain config/ini files(which ones and what needs to be taken into consideration in these files?) to achieve this objective.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and would also be of great value to the information being collected for GP Bikes modders.

GhostdogNL

This is sounding great Hawk !!
I love classic bike`s ..any sneek previews ???

greetings

Ghost

Hawk

Quote from: GhostdogNL on May 07, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

greetings

Ghost

Sorry.... No sneak previews until the work is at least 95% finished.... Patience! Hehe. ;D ;D

Alby46

great man, looking for a serious 60's and 70's mod :)
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

GhostdogNL

Quote from: Hawk_UK on May 11, 2014, 05:43:43 PM
Quote from: GhostdogNL on May 07, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

greetings

Ghost

Sorry.... No sneak previews until the work is at least 95% finished.... Patience! Hehe. ;D ;D

Aaah youre killing me here Hawk  ;D
but can`t wait for the oldtimers ..alway`s wanted to ride a cafe racer  :P

Hawk

May 12, 2014, 04:19:56 PM #5 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:21:42 PM by Hawk_UK
I can tell you that the bike I'm working on at the moment is the 1982 Yamaha YZR 500cc bike, so if your expecting a bike from the 60's or 70's then you will have to be even more patient.  :P ;D

But I would like to create a custom rider mesh to go with it, to represent that era's riders leathers design without the hump on the back.  :)

Alby46

RiccoChicco

A friend is currently making a new rider built from scratch (his model is based on Valentino Rossi with Dainese leather)

@PiBoSo : Can we have any hint on how to create an appropriate .anm for the model? My friend knows how to do animations so we just need to know how to integrate it in the game.

GhostdogNL

Sounds good Hawk !! the Yamaha ..is that the one whit the ducktail on the rear ?
It`s a good thing youre not living close to me Hawk ..i would stand behind you with a iron bar ..to make you work faster hahah

no joking ! good work mate . can`t wait for the bikes !

Greetz Ghost

Hawk

Quote from: GhostdogNL on May 15, 2014, 04:51:37 PM
Sounds good Hawk !! the Yamaha ..is that the one whit the ducktail on the rear ?
It`s a good thing youre not living close to me Hawk ..i would stand behind you with a iron bar ..to make you work faster hahah

no joking ! good work mate . can`t wait for the bikes !

Greetz Ghost

Hi Ghost.

Yes, I think we're talking the same bike? But just to make sure, here is some pics of the bike I'm working on:

Barry Sheene: 1982 JPS YZR OW60 500cc Yamaha.

King Kenney Roberts and Barry Sheene, 1982 YZR OW60 500cc Yamaha's:

If I can eventually also create the riders for these bikes I will be well pleased.  ;D 8)

I think Juju is still creating the Honda NS500cc bike you see in the background of the above photo ridden by Freddie Spencer. Would be great to have these two bikes in the Bike MOD Catalogue.  ;D

Alby46

Quote from: Hawk_UK on May 15, 2014, 09:38:36 PM

I think Juju is still creating the Honda NR500cc bike you see in the background of the above photo ridden by Freddie Spencer. Would be great to have these two bikes in the Bike MOD Catalogue.  ;D

C21

nr500 ->  not a 2 stroke  ;)

A factory road racer fitted with revolutionary oval piston engine (containing 8 valves per cylinder.).
499,5cc V4 -> rpm up to 20000!!! (what a screamer  ;D )  / tachometer up to 21000rpm.  :o

Think we don´t have a competitor for this type of bike..... ???
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

I think Juju is still creating the Honda NS500cc bike you see in the background of the above photo ridden by Freddie Spencer. Would be great to have these two bikes in the Bike MOD Catalogue.  ;D

Quote from: Alby46 on May 16, 2014, 03:59:46 AM

I think Juju is still creating the Honda NR500cc bike you see in the background of the above photo ridden by Freddie Spencer. Would be great to have these two bikes in the Bike MOD Catalogue.  ;D

Quote from: C21 on May 16, 2014, 07:56:47 AM

A factory road racer fitted with revolutionary oval piston engine (containing 8 valves per cylinder.).
499,5cc V4 -> rpm up to 20000!!! (what a screamer  ;D )  / tachometer up to 21000rpm.  :o

@C21: You are absolutely correct. ;D

@Alby. I think you'll find Juju is creating the NS500(2 stroke ), not the NR(4 stroke). At least according to the Bike MOD WIP Listings.  :P ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on May 16, 2014, 07:56:47 AM

Hmmm ... both oval pistons and 8 valves per cylinder have never ever been used again since that revolutionary bike :)
And the whole NR project has been abandoned 3 year later (in favor of the 2 strokes NS) due to lack of results.

Technically interesting (man, 8 valves in a 125cc cylinder, what a nightmare) but practically a big failure I'd say.

Still, very funky bike :)

MaX.

C21

May 16, 2014, 08:59:19 AM #14 Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:04:07 AM by C21
QuoteHmmm ... both oval pistons and 8 valves per cylinder have never ever been used again since that revolutionary bike :)
And the whole NR project has been abandoned 3 year later (in favor of the 2 strokes NS) due to lack of results.

Sorry but i disagree on that MAX.
The NR750 was build in the late 80´s. (90-V-4-4Stroke, 4 oval pistons 101,2 x 50,6 mm (equal to a bore of 75,3 mm) and a stroke of 42 mm placed on two sweet titanium rods each  ;Dl)
They raced in the 24hours in LeMans 1987 and a street model was released in 1992.
It was the last oval piston street bike ever build.
The price for the NR750 was about 50000Euro and only 300 were ever build.
Internal code was RC40.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #