• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:29:42 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bike MOD revived.

Started by Klax75, February 28, 2014, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 06, 2015, 11:05:40 PM
Sorry Klax. I was still getting "Data Mismatch" even after downloading and installing the RCV v7 into my BikeMOD 2.75 No Paints install. In the end I just downloaded the BikeMOD 2.75.zip file and did a fresh install of all bikes from that and it all works fine for me now, except a few servers(those maybe not updated yet?).... But they are still stated as V2.70 but can still connect to some GPBikes.es servers(moto 3 being one of them that's still stated as v2.70 but can connect with BikeMOD 2.75).

Hawk.

Just a thought, isnt it more about the current version of that bike category than of the bikemod?
I have been able to connect to servers with never bikemod stated, but because f.ex moto3 haven't been updated and the server is a moto3 server, there is no problems, as long as you have the latest moto3? Same goes the other way, do you have the newest BikeMod and try to connect to an earlier BikeMod, there is no problem unless the bike is updated after :-)

Another thing, could the data mismatch come from the track being used is updated and yours is not or the other way?

Just my experience so far, hope it helps :-)
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Meyer#12 on April 07, 2015, 06:28:01 AM
Just a thought, isnt it more about the current version of that bike category than of the bikemod?
Could the data mismatch come from the track being used is updated and yours is not or the other way?
Just my experience so far, hope it helps :-)

Good points.
Yes the version of bike causes Data Mismatch not the Bikemod version. This mismatch problem only shows on OPEN servers or servers set with a category of bike at a different version to the one in the players Bike folder.
An OPEN server will check the version of ALL bikes the player has.
Hence, it is NOT a huge problem. Few servers will actually run or race in OPEN.  Its just that there is an anomaly that has been found and its nice to jump on it.

If a track is not at the right version the player wont see the server in the World server list in game. No data mismatch will be seen in this case as the player cant even see it to try and join.

The problem (my understanding after many hours doing server setup) is that there is still an anomaly between the Bikemod.zip and NoPaints downloads. One Klax has found (RCV2014) but there is something else it seems.  Players using the Bikemod.zip seem to be OK.

The real problem is that the anomaly is a bitch to find and we should be patient and respect the huge task Klax has undertaken on behalf of us all.

Like I say, its actually not much of a problem, just more of a niggle.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 07, 2015, 07:07:00 AM
Like I say, its actually not much of a problem, just more of a niggle.
Still, if the game was able to tell us which damn bike is causing the mismatch (I don't get it, is it that hard ?) we wouldn't even been talking about all that ...

I can easily see a new player joining the community, being mighty pissed off by that stuff and leaving on the spot.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

April 07, 2015, 07:25:12 AM #408 Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:27:03 AM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2015, 07:14:30 AM
Still, if the game was able to tell us which damn bike is causing the mismatch (I don't get it, is it that hard ?) we wouldn't even been talking about all that ...
MaX.

The way we found the GP1000 was two of us using a halving fault finding method - you know load half the bikes in then half it again etc until you find the dodgy bike category, then half all the bikes in that cat until you find 'the one'.  In between each manoeuvre is a restart of server and a log in on another pc as the player etc etc. And sods law says the first half is the wrong half lol.
So I agree, cant the game just tell us! ::)

A simple method would be automated file comparison software. I used to use some for small text files but it would not handle all these files and size and would still be laborious. Maybe someone can suggest a method.

My personal feeling at the moment would be to have ONE SINGLE download and make life easy. But I have asked this question already and the reasons given quantify why we do it like we do.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 07, 2015, 07:25:12 AM
The way we found the GP1000 was two of us using a halving fault finding method - you know load half the bikes in then half it again etc until you find the dodgy bike category, then half all the bikes in that cat until you find 'the one'.  In between each manoeuvre is a restart of server and a log in on another pc as the player etc etc. And sods law says the first half is the wrong half lol.
So I agree, cant the game just tell us! ::)

A simple method would be automated file comparison software. I used to use some for small text files but it would not handle all these files and size and would still be laborious. Maybe someone can suggest a method.

My personal feeling at the moment would be to have ONE SINGLE download and make life easy. But I have asked this question already and the reasons given quantify why we do it like we do.
But my point was (and is) that we shouldn't need all that: we just need the game itself to tell us "Data mismatch on bike Freakazumi 500 turbo 3-strokes and a half" instead of "Data mismatch".
Again, I really really can't see why this is so hard to implement ... it's just one of the multiple PITA we have to endure for apparently no real reason.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Indeed, I did agree to your point in my garble, and do. Its a good point  ;)

Still, if the 'final version' won't have community modded bikes, tracks and all .............

Napalm Nick

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2015, 07:31:28 AM
we just need the game itself to tell us "Data mismatch on bike Freakazumi 500 turbo 3-strokes and a half" instead of "Data mismatch".
MaX.

Klax - you might want to look at the Freakazumi 500 bike as a possible mismatch.  :D <chortle>

Right this thread must get strictly back on-topic please.  ::)

Klax75

Bike updates will be in RED on the 1st and 14th of the month, new Paint Updates will be in BLUE and will be updated more often.

April 8th, 2015, Bike Paints:

• Klax75: HGP_BobR6_BMW_S1000RR_SBK, HGP_Hawk_UK_BMW_S1000RR_SBK, HGP_Klax75_BMW_S1000RR_SBK, HGP_Toomes_BMW_S1000RR_SBK

Klax75

Bike updates will be in RED on the 1st and 14th of the month, new Paint Updates will be in BLUE and will be updated more often.

April 14th,  2015, Bike MOD 2.80:

• franco pizzagalli  : APRILIA_RSW500_beta6, Suzuki-2015-V3_beta 6
    [/list]

BOBR6 84

If I just add franco's bikes to my bike folder will that work??

Feeling lazy  :P

Docfumi

Are the update patches for the GP Bikes Italia Mods added or do I have download them myself?
    I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Klax75

Quote from: Docfumi on April 15, 2015, 05:25:07 PM
    Are the update patches for the GP Bikes Italia Mods added or do I have download them myself?

They should already be in there.

Docfumi

Quote from: Klax75 on April 15, 2015, 05:32:16 PM
    Quote from: Docfumi on April 15, 2015, 05:25:07 PM

They should already be in there.

Thanks for the quick reply Klax and your efforts as always.  ;D
    I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Klax75

May 01, 2015, 06:03:14 AM #418 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:07:57 AM by Klax75
      May 1st,  2015, Bike MOD 2.85:

• RiccoChicco : Honda_NSF250RW
      • _Odi_ & GpBikesItalia  : WSBK Bikeset  V097
      [/list]

janaucarre

there is a difference between the dropbox and mega rar file, the name of dropbox wsbk v97 contains 1 more space between bikeset and v97By.
      I've noted that you didn't say us that the Suzuki-2015-V3 is in the news bikes mod.