• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GPBOC Live Streming and New Servers

Started by doubledragoncc, May 12, 2016, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

we could just make the fuel tank a little bigger, then full distance races will be no problem.

Napalm Nick

Test first. Didn't we find B8 had made wet almost impossible? What with what seems like all items not classified as 'track' surface now being far too slippery I thought we tried wet and gave it up lol.
Long time ago though so could of just been that day or track or bike combination. Testicles.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 21, 2016, 05:17:15 PM
Test first. Didn't we find B8 had made wet almost impossible? What with what seems like all items not classified as 'track' surface now being far too slippery I thought we tried wet and gave it up lol.
Long time ago though so could of just been that day or track or bike combination. Testicles.

Come to think of it I do remember something about that Nick.  :-\
It was so long ago I can't remember exactly(A senior moment). Lol  ;D

Sounds like a test is needed to make sure a wet track is okay and if a full tank will do the full race distance.  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

July 21, 2016, 05:45:36 PM #198 Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:58:24 PM by doubledragoncc
OKay so lets be practical.........................

GPB is NOT stable yet. To start with. The higher the number of bikes. laps and if its raining will make the chance of core crashes rise. I want real race distance and wet races too BUT the netcode is not stable and it is a bitch to set up such a race to only spend the whole fricking evening with core crashes and folks then being pissed off for the next week and posting it all over the forum in 20 frickin different threads!!!

We HAVE to be realistic no matter WHAT we WANT we can ONLY get SO much!!!

As soon as rider numbers get over 16 or so it starts to raise the core chances significantly. So.........do we make it so we all suffer this shit time and time again or settle for a stable a fun race? If you want a full length wet race we need to keep the numbers down as wet alone could be a bitch on its own. We should use a track that has been recently updated or proved to be very stable and return good FPS with many riders on it.

How are the bikes on wet tyres? Are the 500's okay with wets, I dont know, or would the new MotoGP set be better? Just asking as there has been overheating on hard tyres before and not up to date on how things are?

Just trying to get it so everyone is thinking on the same level. CORE CRASH= FUCKED RACE
NO CORES= COOL FUN RACE!!!

@Hawky..............I know you have a fetish buddy its okay. I have learned to love the 500 2st as well and it would be cool IF wet tyres work?

If there is going to be a large number of riders then we could think of a 3 Split Race where first so many placeholders from first 2 races then fight it out in the 3rd. Reduces cores big time until Pib fixes netcode?

I am just throwing ideas to make it a coreless race for everyone.

@Modders..........Are there any planned updates of any bikes soon so as to ensure no confusion of having an update of a bike on race day and then some guys missing it and total mayhem happens?

I will set up GPBOC5 server for Wet with 500's on Assen Dutch TT_V0.7_NDS and you can try it out. Server is up.

DD

EDIT how many laps is full race distance on Assen? Not looked it up lol

Just saw the NSR500 2001 has NO wet tyres only softs??? 95 was okay. Did not check the MZ or MUZ?

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

I just had a look in the config file for Assen and it says 19 laps which is good as it's not too many laps.

As for using very recent updated bikemods on servers and connection problems due to riders not knowing what version bikes are on the servers: That's what the bikemod database was setup for so that everyone knows that if they have the bikemods from the bikemod database installed then they can connect to servers without any problems. So best for all server admins to just stick with what bikes are in the bikemod database as they have done in the past and problem solved. Simple. :)

Me asking for a wet race was just a hope, but a dry race would probably air on the side of caution to avoid any core.exe crash problems. I agree.  ;)

As far as I can remember we've always enjoyed a pretty coreless race on Assen(apart from the usual risk which can never be accounted for until GPB v1.0 is released).

Number of riders: If I was you, I would keep the max number of riders down to 18 on a first come first serve basis on the sign-up event promotion page to reduce the chances of a core.exe crash fest.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

18 sounds safe.

I PM'ed Manu about the NSR having wets, so its in his capable hands lol.

I will ask that riders make a final decision as to bike and paint and that all riders use their own number on a paint. If it is a factory paint I offer to add the number for them so we can stop having 40 fuckin Rossi's on the track!!! It wont take much to do it for 18 riders lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

....+1 for the 500cc assen wet race

Hawk

I agree Vin. I think it's great fun! ;D
It's does require a lot of throttle control to keep the rear-end from spinning out when exiting corners and using the gears sensibly to stop the rear from spinning...... Not sure whether that will attract more people to join the race or put more people off?

But yeah.... I think Piboso has got the wet tyres a little too slick for the wet conditions, I'm sure the tyres shouldn't be that slippy on wets?

But I've not encountered any server problems as yet.... Not had any core.exe crashes(fingers crossed! Lol).

Could do with a good few people on there all at once to stress test it though.  :)

The Varase indicates that on a full tank it can do 23 laps, so no issues for that bike if we're doing only 19 laps.  ;)

Hawk

doubledragoncc

My only issue is that I cant use my Rothmans 2001 NSR and I prefer its handling but waiting to hear from Manu. I want to try and get guys to all have their own numbers on the bikes even if I have to do the paints as I said. No biggy to do.

I will leave GPBOC5 as is but after Nick told me about track condition settings I might drop the wet to 50% and try different air temps to see if it makes things better.

DD

doubledragoncc

July 22, 2016, 10:38:16 AM #204 Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:23:26 PM by doubledragoncc
NSR500 2001 Wet Tyres!!!

Okay.................I am no modder BUT I thought about the fact you guys seem to want a wet 500 race but the NSR500 2001 has no wet tyres!! So...........I took the data from the 95's wet tyres and edited the 01's soft tyres to be exactly as them and it works. I can not edit the edf file for a visual change so I HAD to use the original soft file to do this and it works 100% but just looks like a slick.

Download and unzip the folder . Copy and paste the 4  files from the folder into your NSR500 2001 folder and hey presto you got wets for it.

Matty made it possible to have soft and wet tyres so he deserves the most credit.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o3oootr594ndmqc/Honda_NSR500_2001_Wet_tyre_MOD.rar

This means that you will get a bike mismatch if you do not do this so let me know as it is only fair guys who want to ride the 01 can.

DD

Boerenlater

Does this mean you cannot select softs on the 2001?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

This means that there are still ONLY softs for wet racing. If it is a dry race you would have to replace the mod files with the originals. This is a pain but only thing I could do for a wet race with the 2001. I am no modder so it was just a thinking outside the box solution.

If you put these files in you only have wet tyres!!!

DD

matty0l215

When i get home i will make the wet tyres seperate for people to use :)

If no one else get to it first :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

I know that the 95 and 01 use different edf fies so I did not want to furk around and worry about the looks. Who sees the tyre when riding lol. It works perfectly just a pain.

DD

doubledragoncc

The link above has been updated.

Thanks to Matty for making it possible to have soft and wet tyres on the 01 now.

DD