• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Which view do you use?

Started by h106frp, November 18, 2015, 05:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just curious, what is your default view preference

100% onboard
16 (38.1%)
100% chase
12 (28.6%)
both
14 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: November 23, 2015, 05:20:39 PM

Napalm Nick

Yeh I cannot race at Suzuka due to the track surface causes me eye issues,

I am worried about a resurface of Castle Comb to be honest I think it ha a lot of character and some of the issues associated with ridges will be lessened by B8 up/downhill fixes.

Yep 3rd P players need to know a 1st P player with no headtrack/3 screen setup is vulnerable - I always use analogue head movement to be more spatially aware but it isn't ideal.

The new respawn wont make you spawn anywhere different but it wont respawn when other players are nearby. So the issue of crashing at respawn has gone even if in the middle of the track (but needs its effect testing in a race - you may never get back on!).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

it's sad that i just can't seem to connect at all since b7, it's upsetting to hear how you guys are lacking for online competitors, and i'd love to join so badly - really getting a bit dull now, racing by myself offline only....
i honestly don't mind under what conditions, just being able to join when there's others around would be awesome for me.
oh well...here's hoping i can get it right someday....  ::)

Napalm Nick

Yes Cape bad news  :(. If you cannot get on a server in your own country with your countrymen then there MUST be something wrong with your setup/internet (as you assume - internet needs a boost - get on that phone!). 

Why don't you make a server and let us know and we can see if we can get on it???????  :o
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

will try that over the weekend, Nick.
busy today, but will give a headsup once i set it up   ;)

Napalm Nick

Perfick - if you need me fast send me a PM I will get that on my phone and I can pretty much drop everything (except pants) to be there.

CapeDoctor

by all means, hold onto your pants, lol  ;D

BOBR6 84

Quote from: davidboda46 on November 20, 2015, 10:48:28 AM
Always onboard, custum Max Hud helmet (stole the textures from MotoGP-game  :P ).
(Old pic but you get the idea)
screen067 by David, on Flickr

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Cool! is that just a picture or do you actually have the gp textures on the track?

Blackheart

I use both, but in multiplayer always 3p, I like to see in real time my skins  ;D and in singleplayer always 1p...  I do not see that's wrong to use both in a simulator.  ;D

davidboda46

November 20, 2015, 06:39:04 PM #53 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:43:13 PM by davidboda46
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 20, 2015, 04:41:29 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on November 20, 2015, 10:48:28 AM
Always onboard, custum Max Hud helmet (stole the textures from MotoGP-game  :P ).
(Old pic but you get the idea)
screen067 by David, on Flickr

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Cool! is that just a picture or do you actually have the gp textures on the track?

I do. :) In the Maxhub_data folder you'll find the image files "helmet-bot" and "helmet-top". Use them as base (backup original files incase something goes wrong), open in photoshop or something similar and play around. :) For the textures, I took a screenshot of MotoGP ingame, removed everything except the helmet part and then I inserted the extracted top and bottom part respective Maxhud top and bottom part. Originally I wanted to have texture from a real helmet but it is impossible to find good photos (or take them, for me at least :) ). And with Maxhub you can lower or raise them individually so you don't have to adjust the image itself if you want to change their position. Maxhub is bloody brilliant!

Video: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1075.msg41018#msg41018
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Napalm Nick

Oh dear I find things interesting then start playing but I couldn't figure how to save a TGA with the white bit transparent. FAIL.  ::)

LOL  8)

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

IsacHunter

I use 100 % onboard with a g27 wheel set on 37% ffb and 82 degrees of rotation

h106frp

Well the voting closed with onboard being slightly ahead, i suppose the 'use both' onboard/3rd person split might balance it out a bit but it would seem that hardcore simulation mode has a decent following among forum members.

Which will probably lead me to conduct another different poll out of further curiosity...  ;)

Thanks for the input, i must admit i was surprised at the result  8)

HornetMaX

I'm more surprised (if not scared) by the very low number of votes  :-\

Napalm Nick

I thought it was quite high compared to previous polls lol!

But I don't believe it, I think the question was not understood lol. Pessimistic day for me it seems  ::)