• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:16:42 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

How to seriously tarnish a 20yrs fantastic career

Started by HornetMaX, October 25, 2015, 07:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiccoChicco

Thanks to keep the debate focused on the subject and to not attack personnally other members 8)

JJS209

blackheart, only for you:
this thread is to dicuss the incident that happened at the sepang race between #93 and #46.

Blackheart

ok just me read the title, good continuation.  ;)

WALKEN

Valentino Rossi is THE GOAT.

There is nothing he needs to prove to anyone and I personally am grateful that he chooses to stay in the game to make it interesting on the level he brings to the sport.

He did this, he did that, blah blah blah.

When Rossi go's ratings will suffer dearly. Drama is par for the course and makes it exciting to be a fan of the sport. Its all about who's side your on and your loyalty to brand.

One thing that makes me laugh is the statements floating around saying Rossi "kicked" Marc, lol It looked more like he had enough of his $hit and slowed into the corner to push Marc wide and Marc leaned into Rossi and Rossi said F&^% it and pushed him with his knee.

You can say Rossi has double standards by his battle with Stoner and the quote- "this is racing Casey"  but in this situation a world title is at stake and there should be a level of respect here.  And being Italian I know first hand what it means, the word respect!     

There are no winners in this situation. If Jorge wins the title it means little as it will be remember for its negative side.  Personally I am sad to see this happen as everyone wants a deserved moment in history.   

Rossi is not tarnished.     
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

October 25, 2015, 08:37:22 PM #34 Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:34:09 PM by HornetMaX
Quote from: Blackheart on October 25, 2015, 05:24:41 PM
Probably he has not even seen the race.
Probably you haven't noticed the timestamp of my 1st message.

[This is the last time I ever reply to one of your posts, whatever you write from now on. So feel free to rage/insult/say you create content etc. Bye.]

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 25, 2015, 02:37:38 PM
Your answer seems to suggest that you would agree that MM behaviour is morally not ok, if it could be proven
Of course it's unethical to slow down somebody only for the sake of it. But ethical/unethical is something that can only be discussed between riders and not in front of cameras or race direction.

Notice however that in the past, many others (Rossi included), has decided to keep contact to try to make the opponent commit a mistake. It's not exactly identical (as MM had no stakes in the deal), but ethically, it's really not too far.

I can't judge if MM was unethical, if Rossi was convinced of the fact, he should have faced the man in the pits instead of pouring gasoline on the fire since thursday. I said at the time it was silly, and the race just proved that it was just that, a bad call.

However Rossi re-acted, Marquez did set the initial problem
Or Rossi set the initial problem with the claims on thursday. Or MM set the initial problem overtaking Rossi roughly a few races ago. Or it goes all the way back to laguna ... who knows.

The thing is, Rossi's behaviour clearly is against written rules.
I guess we can all agree on that (well, almost all). And unfortunately for Rossi, that's all that matters at the moment.

You cannot deny MaX, there are notable riders backing that Marquez' behaviour was not ok (there are also the other side ofc, but I never denied that).
Which probably means that both vale and marc were wrong. But in the end, only one of them lost a lot in the whole deal.

Now saying stuff like "Spain controls MotoGP" or "I don't know if I'll go to Valencia" is something so typically italian that makes me sorry.

Sorry Doctor: this time you screwed the diagnosis, you screwed the cure and now you're screwing the post mortem.

But once again: I'm really sad about that, I was really on his side (at least until thursday).

EDIT: not surprisingly, as I said ...

C.Stoner: "If anyone else had done what Valentino did we would have been black flagged immediately, no questions asked."
C.Fogarty: "Think if It was any other rider  they would of been disqualified from the race for sure..."

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: WALKEN on October 25, 2015, 08:34:57 PM

One thing that makes me laugh is the statements floating around saying Rossi "kicked" Marc, lol It looked more like he had enough of his $hit and slowed into the corner to push Marc wide and Marc leaned into Rossi and Rossi said F&^% it and pushed him with his knee.

;)

Just a bit of frustration..

unfortunately marquez crashed and its probably cost him the title.. But, its good entertainment  ;D anything can happen.. Still  8)

Hustin_Jawkins

I've already posted my response on page two. That's my opinion.

But: after hours for calming down - isn't that why we are watching the sport? Fire and controversy.

I've been watching the race on BT Sports 2 today. James Toseland was at the studio giving interessting statements. One of them was like this: they were at slow speed. No risk for live. It still is unfair. But neither of those two would have done that at higher speeds.

Remeber Biaggi vs. Rossi in 1999. Remember Gibernau vs. Rossi Jerez 2004. Or Doohan vs. Cirivlie at Jerez, too. Also the (still) young Marquez in Moto2 (e.g.: vs Luthi at Quatar). We love AND hate those riders for their sometimes even not good behaviour. Have a look at F1 - they bore everyone to sleep. Yes, Rossi (who still is my hero) needs to be penalized harder. But - without those moves and topics to talk about the sport would be something different. Maybe (imo) more boring.

Again: today everything got out of control and i personally do not want to see that agin. But like Dani said after the race they need to be racing more calm but still hard.

Guess everybody needs to calm down. Rossi, Marc, Jorge, the fans.

Marc already has and will continue a great career, Vale had a fantastic one as well. The situation from last thursday up to today wasn't the greatest one for both of them. My guess is that two years from now most will be forgotten. That's part of the sport. Like sent offs in soccer. Not the best ones but a part.

Napalm Nick

Got a sniff of this topic this morning and had to resist the forum until I had chance to catch up watching a live recording.

Thank you all sooo much for not giving the result away in the thread or the title but yet providing some added pre-race mystery from the snippets I glanced.  ;D!

You guys have said it all I have nothing to add really. All I can suggest is we, the spectators, are all winning with the drama really.  8)

PS: What with our Danny Kent maybe about to step into Barry Sheenes footsteps, this season has been one of the best so far for me and may have a fantastic climax.

It's entertainment.. and its entertaining!

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hustin_Jawkins

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 25, 2015, 10:18:17 PM
Got a sniff of this topic this morning and had to resist the forum until I had chance to catch up watching a live recording.

Thank you all sooo much for not giving the result away in the thread or the title but yet providing some added pre-race mystery from the snippets I glanced.  ;D!

You guys have said it all I have nothing to add really. All I can suggest is we, the spectators, are all winning with the drama really.  8)

PS: What with our Danny Kent maybe about to step into Barry Sheenes footsteps, this season has been one of the best so far for me and may have a fantastic climax.

Yes, Man!

You're welcome. Me too happy to have a place for a good discussion filled with lots of knwoledge.

Danny Kent might be worth another thread. To be short: I've made a bet withe friends saturday after qualifying. If Danny doesn't do it this year, he'll never be (like Bradl and Cortese - a season that fits perfectly). Hope he'll clinch it. So deserved!
It's entertainment.. and its entertaining!

Hawk

Let's just pray for monsoon conditions for the last race of the season and see Rossi come from the back to win! That would be a fantastic end to the season and a legendary career for Rossi(Already a legend in his own right, as I honestly can't see him carrying on in the sport for much longer?).  ;D ;D 8)

Let's face it.... After all he's done for the sport over the last twenty years I'd personally say he deserves the 2015 MotoGP champs title more than most.  :P ;D

Hawk.

PiBoSo

October 26, 2015, 03:02:30 PM #41 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:05:05 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Hawk UK on October 26, 2015, 07:43:50 AM
Let's face it.... After all he's done for the sport over the last twenty years I'd personally say he deserves the 2015 MotoGP champs title more than most.  :P ;D

Yeah!
He did so much for the sport and received so little in return!
No sponsors, no money, no tyres made specifically for him!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58480
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2007/october/oct0307motogpbridgestoneblamevalentinorossiforonemaketyre/

Shame on MotoGP!

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

skerp

October 26, 2015, 03:46:12 PM #42 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:54:45 PM by skerp
Hahahahahahah PIB + 100000000000

"Elementary, my dear Watson"

WALKEN

Help me, help you!

Blackheart

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 26, 2015, 03:02:30 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on October 26, 2015, 07:43:50 AM

Yeah!
He did so much for the sport and received so little in return!
No sponsors, no money, no tyres made specifically for him!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58480
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2007/october/oct0307motogpbridgestoneblamevalentinorossiforonemaketyre/

Shame on MotoGP!

OMG that lack of style ...