• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:53:45 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 19, 2016, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 18, 2016, 11:25:22 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 18, 2016, 06:48:16 PM
Could we have the suspension ''Test'' feature in GPB too?

This should go to the "Suggestions" section.
What would you need it for? Is it something that is used on road bikes, too?

Sure, Having the right amount of sag etc is very important for suspension setup. a measurement readout would do just fine without seeing the bike/rider (less work?) but would be cool to see!

il post in ''suggestions'' next time, sorry  :)

Do you have reference data for the correct front and rear sag setup of a road racing bike?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 19, 2016, 03:17:56 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 19, 2016, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 18, 2016, 11:25:22 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 18, 2016, 06:48:16 PM
Could we have the suspension ''Test'' feature in GPB too?

This should go to the "Suggestions" section.
What would you need it for? Is it something that is used on road bikes, too?

Sure, Having the right amount of sag etc is very important for suspension setup. a measurement readout would do just fine without seeing the bike/rider (less work?) but would be cool to see!

il post in ''suggestions'' next time, sorry  :)

Do you have reference data for the correct front and rear sag setup of a road racing bike?

''Un-laden'' Front 20-25mm Rear 12-15mm But that's for me..

Nitron recommend (Rear shock) between 25-35mm ''Laden''.

That's all i got.. sorry, no solid data.

doubledragoncc

Hi guys, seeing as I got no help except from Mad Al who put me on the right tracks about button bounce, I decided to try and find a software fix for everyone who may have it. After days of surfing, reading and stuff I got nowhere but for a sort of possible way, that half worked but not in GPB. I pulled some hair out and scratch my nuts off to finally get it to a lil ol script thats seems to work so far.

So far I just did 4 laps on Mantorp as I have never ridden it and got NO double up shifts at all after I added a wee thingy to my Windows.

The "thingy" is an AutoHotKey script, about 6 lines long and so simple a dog could write it lol.

Joy4::
If (A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 250)
{
send m
}
return

Basically it tells windows that if I press my button 4(thats my upshift button yours will be different) it is to wait until a certain time before it allows the registration of another press.

Simply download and install AutoHotKey from the link below and extract and install it. Once installed there is also a script in the download that is already written for you. Just copy and paste the "Shift delay.ahk" script file to your desktop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9s0hlyttpa9n2u/AutoHotKey.rar?dl=0

Now open your Windows game controller properties and find out the Windows number for your button. Right click on the Shift delay.ahk icon and select "Edit Script", where it says Joy4, alter the 4 to your button number and save the file. Now close controller properties and click on the Shift delay icon to start it, open your controller properties and windows notepad again and press the button you chose before quickly, it should not allow double letters at once and the button light should not flicker. Now close note pad and controller properties. You should have a green square with an H in it in your taskbar system tray. If you right click it you can exit the script.

Alter the "250" timing (Milli-seconds) to what you need.

Make sure you have the script running and you have tested it in Windows controller Properties window. NOW start GPB and test that you have debounced the button.

I am crap at writting this stuff so sorry if you dont understand. I will make a small video for it.

It simply means anyone with button bounce can fix it and not have to wait a year.

Hope someone can verify on their system this works. I have WIN10 Pro 64bit by the way

Thought better of just posting before I try another bike and it fixed my double upshift on the 500 Varese too on A1 RIng. I nearly shit me pants after riding the S80 for the last week. Totally forgot what bike I was on. LOL

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Allen

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 20, 2016, 01:26:40 PM
Hi guys, seeing as I got no help except from Mad Al who put me on the right tracks about button bounce, I decided to try and find a software fix for everyone who may have it. After days of surfing, reading and stuff I got nowhere but for a sort of possible way, that half worked but not in GPB. I pulled some hair out and scratch my nuts off to finally get it to a lil ol script thats seems to work so far.

So far I just did 4 laps on Mantorp as I have never ridden it and got NO double up shifts at all after I added a wee thingy to my Windows.

The "thingy" is an AutoHotKey script, about 6 lines long and so simple a dog could write it lol.

Joy4::
If (A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 250)
{
send m
}
return

DD

Nice find.. and glad you got the problem sorted (or at least circumvented :) )

doubledragoncc

What I found totally confused me and was actually wrong in that it was saying you make your button linked to a keyboard input and then tuned the keyboard input, but it did NOT work in GPB!!! If you did it you could NOT use the key in the sim to setup for anything. I had to F about until I thought, wait a mo, why not cut out the middle man and do it directly to the windows game button input instead............eh voila it frickin works lol.

Thanks for your help bro.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

mikekimi

hello piboso,would you consider adding a AI or a ghost rider? ::)       Like LFS or rfactor。
welcome to SRFC!

Vini

https://www.youtube.com/v/4HwQynBgebs
Quote from: vin97 on March 17, 2016, 10:14:16 PM
What is your conclusion on the lowside/rider-eject bug, PiBoSo?
You (and we, too) have listed possible solutions but which one will you implement?
Not really important but could you shortly list the criteria for when a lowside is detected?

JC#21

the wobbles are always here  :-\

Piboso do you know where the problem comes from ?

It will be a huge improvement if this "bug" disappeared in the next beta

PeterV

Quote from: JC#21 on March 28, 2016, 01:08:32 PM

I have send you a PM JC with an attachment

doubledragoncc

Peter, may I ask if that attachment is a cure for the wobble?

DD

PeterV

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 28, 2016, 04:19:12 PM
Peter, may I ask if that attachment is a cure for the wobble?

DD

Its an effort to get it better. Just started on it so dont get youre hopes up.

doubledragoncc

Sounds interesting. I am doing some tests too about wobble in GPB. Video coming soon.

DD

JC#21

Quote from: PeterV on March 28, 2016, 03:47:36 PM
Quote from: JC#21 on March 28, 2016, 01:08:32 PM

I have send you a PM JC with an attachment

thx PeterV

I have modified the position of the 2 aerodynamic centers (lat and vert) and it seems much better.

I keep you informed of progress  ;)

mikekimi

The motion trajectory of front wheel has a problem when you run uphill or downhill at a corner,especially in the low speed.
Take Laguna seca  this track, in that the slowest corner,we called "s corner" or continuous bend, especially evident here.
Is this a race track or a physical problem?
welcome to SRFC!

Napalm Nick

March 30, 2016, 07:52:57 AM #434 Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:02:48 AM by Napalm Nick
Probably this http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3103.msg50698#msg50698

Try it at Brands Hatch and you will see true ugliness crab style. But in Beta 7 you couldn't get round the corners much, so its better to ride but looks awful lol.

Edit : Here is the full discussion http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3129.msg49169#msg49169

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"